12.21.2011

11 Months (and 16 days)!

Well, here we are. Inching closer and closer to sweet baby girl's 1st birthday. It's like I blinked, and here we are. No more newborn. No more bottles (almost). No more baby. Just saying those words makes my womb hurt for another one. HOWEVER...Lee told me the other night that I could possibly put it on NEXT years Christmas list, but even then...Santa might forget to deliver that gift to the Lawsons. He's so subtle...

Well, I've said it before and I will say 1,000 more times...I couldn't ask for a sweeter, more precious little girl. I was thinking the other day that I cannot believe that I was dead set on having all boys. I can't imagine life without her. My heart has done a complete 180, and I now love pink. I love tights. I love bishops. I love bows (not that we wear them yet). I love bloomers. I love the fact that I have a daughter. I honestly have no clue if we will have more kids, but I will tell you this: I want another boy AND another girl. Haha. I told Lee that the other night and he about passed out. See, as much as I love my children..and heck, just kids in general, I am not the best at being a newborn mommy. I don't do well without sleep, and when I am in the middle of it I will just about sign my life away promising that I won't do it again. But I really believe the Lord erases your memory because it's almost like I don't even remember the hard days. ALMOST :).

Anyways, Mrs. G is literally getting 2 front teeth for Christmas! They have both broken through and are working their way on in! I check daily, and I believe she as gotten another strand or 2 of hair as well. I am almost to the point of cutting mine and gluing it to her head. I don't think anyone would notice the over night growth. She is still taking random steps here and there, but she would much rather speed crawl. LOVES to clap and dance. Loves to play on Knox's bed with him. She now lets me rock her at night, and she wraps her arms and legs around me when I do so, and it just about makes me cry every time. Still a great sleeper. This is so strange, but she loves to color! I have a video of her doing it, but we all know I'm not that tech savy. She has been doing it for about a month, and she knows exactly what to do and always colors only on the paper. It's so strange and funny at the same time. She will honestly eat whatever you give her...no matter what it is or how much it is. If you don't feed her fast enough, she will let you know she isn't pleased with you. I am worried that she is going to eat us out of house and home once I take the bottle away!

I am missing this time last year when I was extremely pregnant during the holidays, BUT...I am so glad she is here with us and able to celebrate Christmas outside of my belly this year. I have really enjoyed this season so far with the kids and Lee. This Christmas season has been a little different for us and I will explain that in a different post, but we have really been able to relax and focus on the true meaning of Christmas, which has been so refreshing.

I had to put this picture on here for this post since this is pretty much what Greer wants to do all day long:

Yup, she definitely gets that trait from her mommy!

Stay tuned for Christmas and Birthday pics...hopefully sooner rather than later. Until then,  I pray that you are finding many, many reasons to praise God this holiday season! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment