2.09.2012

Prayers for Mom

My mother underwent her second back surgery yesterday in a period of about 5 months. The surgery yesterday was pretty extensive, involving hardware and cages and lots of tiny bits of bone that was placed in there that need to fuse together successfully. Pretty much, a large portion of her spine had collapsed. So, we are looking at a very long recovery process.

My mom has been dealing with back pain since I can remember, and even more so she has been in excruciating pain for well over a year now. When I say it breaks my heart, that doesn't come close to describing it. I have been watching her walk with a limp, lift her leg with her hands to get in and out of cars, and move at a very slow pace for many, many months now. She has even been going to work through most of it. During that time, she has always tried very hard to have a smile on her face and not complain. I don't know how she does/did it. I would do anything - anything - to be able to take that pain away for her. I don't know whats worse...watching her go through it or not being able to do anything about it. The fact that she is one of the sweetest, most humble, and selfless people on the planet doesn't help when it comes to watching her suffer, either.

We have been praying for a very long time now for comfort, peace, and complete healing. We are prepared for a long recovery after the surgery, but one thing that none of us were prepared for was the pain that she is enduring right now. Watching her lay in that hospital bed and go through so much pain is literally  eating away at me. Lee stayed back with the kids so that I could be there for the surgery and spend most of the day there. When it came time for me to leave, all I wanted to do was crawl up in that bed with her and lay there, but I knew that I needed to get home and take care of my family. So hard to leave her. I confess that I am a little frustrated that she is still in this amount of pain, but I am trying to continue to trust that God has a reason for everything, and He will relieve her of this pain soon. So...since there is nothing that I can physically do, I am asking everyone I know to please pray for her. I figure that is the best thing we can do for her. Her name is Rita. Please pray for relief, comfort, peace, and a "speedy" healing. My family and I would truly appreciate it. Thank you so much.

4 comments:

  1. I will definitely keep your mom in my prayers - and you too, friend. I know it's hard for you to see her hurting just as the pain is hard for her. Please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be praying for your mom. I know that is so hard on everybody. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Rita and you!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will pray for Mrs. Rita and you, honey. What hospital is she in? I would like to send her something to brighten her day. If you need anything, let me know. I can help with the kids or whatever. You just name it, and I'm there. Love you.

    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete