3.13.2009

Never in A Million Years...

Did I think that I would become a blogger! Lee (my husband) just called and asked me what I was doing, and when I told him he was extremely... shocked. I'm not really one to just put it out there...but what else do you do when you are sitting around in Prattville waiting for a baby to come? I really have no clue what I am doing, so please excuse me if my page isn't "blog worthy" for quite some time...
I have been married for a little over 2 years to the most amazing man that I have ever met. I know, I know...how generic. Everyone is married to "the most amazing man that they have ever met." To take it a little deeper, I am married to the man that I know, without a doubt, the Lord created to be my husband. It's funny how things work out in the long run. You think that you know exactly what you want or what you need while you are gliding through life, at least I did, but really I had no clue. It wasn't until I slowed down and let Christ be my satisfaction (which can be a really hard thing to do for a single girl-or for anyone for that matter), that He led me to Lee. He is, hands down, the biggest gift the Lord has given me-aside from salvation. Not only does he love me and accept me unconditionally, but he is my absolute best friend and a constant example of Christ's love here on Earth. All you girls out there who are married to their awesome husbands know exactly what I am talking about! Anyways, as if sending Lee to me wasn't a big enough blessing from the Lord, He has actually decided to entrust us with parenthood!!! What an honor! A scary honor, but an honor, none-the-less! We found out almost a month ago today that we are having a baby boy...which seems to be a popular trend amongst my friends these days. We couldn't be happier, and were secretly (OK...not so secretly) hoping for a boy. However, baby Knox will have a lot of girls in the family to "stand up" to. Ha ha. My sister's 3 girls are pretty much my heart, and I am so excited to watch them develop a relationship with their new cousin...even if it's a "girls only" house over there. :) He will also have-aside from sister-3 other girl cousins and only 1 boy cousin! Good luck to ya, son!
Knox is due August 2, and I will be exactly halfway through the pregnancy on Monday. I can't believe it. Our prayer is that Knox will grow to have a heart that longs after the Lord and desires nothing more than to have an intimate relationship with Him. We are also praying for ourselves...that we would be the type of parents that set Godly examples for our children in everything we do. I know it will be the hardest, yet most rewarding thing that we will ever be a part of. I am also pretty sure we will fall short quite a few times, but thank goodness for grace!! By the way...we have had the name Knox picked out for about 2 years now...way before Brad and Angelina named one of their twins Knox Leon. I promise! I am a Jennifer Anniston fan, anyways...
OK, I feel like this is so long, but yet I just got started!? I do need to mention that I believe the "baby world" is very biased to little girls! No offense, it has just been a very difficult challenge for me to find cute boy stuff...at least stuff with my "out there" taste! I will report that I have finally ordered the bedding, which I am in love with, but it wasn't an easy find. Maybe I will post an example of it...if I can figure out how to. Perhaps I should sum it up now. I would like to give a shout out to all my friends and family that I miss more than anything back in Mobile/Baldwin County! I love you very much and I think about you everyday! Until we meet again...

5 comments:

  1. Regan!! I'm so glad you're on here and eventhough mean old Lee took you away from us we'll get to see what you guys are up too!! You and Lee are awesome and live out what you wrote about! Little Knox is one lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget that your dog's name is maddox. Maddox... Know... Brangelina. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe we could call ya'll Leegan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Girl, I miss you so much. The teacher that took over for you WHEN YOU LEFT US, isn't half as fun or as good as you were! Your the best!!!! You are going to make a GREAT mommy!!! I am sooooooo excited for you and Lee! You need to come down and go out to dinner with Jill and I. Keep in touch - PS I love you!!!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Regan- So glad to find your blog!! I miss you and wish you were still here in B'ham but I have been keeping up w/you through Rebecca v. Congrats on Knox coming! You and Lee are going to have so much fun!! We're hoping to see you both Saturday at Jason's party-we need to catch up! Love and miss you!! Amy Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome. I'm glad you are blogging. And i echo how hard it is to find cute boy stuff. I searched for simple bedding forever. I'm excited about keeping up with you through the blog.

    ReplyDelete