4.12.2010

A Case of the Mondays??

Man, you've really got to love it when you wake up on a Monday morning to your child screaming bloody murder...feeling a little warm...bleeding in his mouth due to teething...yanking his ears off...and (this is gross) having THREE diarrhea diapers within 30 minutes, one of which got smeared all over my kitchen rug. All before 7:30. Oh, and the hubs is out of town until tomorrow.

Really?

This has definitely been a morning where the Lord is teaching me something. What it is...I am not so sure quite yet. As I am typing this, I can feel the tension in my neck and shoulders as well as my head hurting just a smidgen.

Yes, I took Knox to the pediatrician this morning (during nap time...AWESOME!). I was sure it was an ear infection. I chalked all the other symptoms up to teething, but when he had those nasty diapers I checked the web and apparently diarrhea is a big sign of ear infections. Much to my surprise, the doc checked his ears and he said they looked great. Everything looked normal. He looked in his mouth and said "Wow, Regan. His top teeth are really cooking all at once and it looks like they might all bust through at the same time." I was a little embarrassed that I took him in and nothing was really "wrong", but in a way I am glad that I did because it has been a rough few days with him fussing and I needed some peace of mind. In fact, I can honestly say that little Foxie has been testing me for a while now with constant screaming :(. I feel terrible for him because I know it hurts him, but it still puts me on edge a little to hear it 24/7 (am I a bad mom for confessing that?). I think the Lord is really trying to break me of my need to feel "in control" with Knox all the time, and just roll with the punches. It's funny because I've always considered myself easy going, but with Knox I am learning that I need to relax a little more and be O.K. with the fact that he is going to fuss. All that to say I DETEST TEETHING!!!! We went over all the basic teething treatments, Dr. Rux gave me some drops to put in his ears, and seeing as how the ears and teeth share nerves that are connected, he said that the drops will end up completely numbing his teeth. He called them liquid gold :). Oh how I hope he is right. Don't doubt that "meat" (the doc's nickname for him) weighs 21 pounds and is almost 31 inches long. 75th percentile in weight and off the charts in height still. "Meat" is napping right now, thank goodness. The drops won't be ready until this afternoon and Foxie has been quite vocal about his pain...

My friend Brady comes over once a week to hang out and with her little guy and we also use it as a time to catch up with each other and really see how each other is doing. She came today and we blew up Foxie's pool and thought the boys would love it since it's so hot outside. The water was a little chilly but we gave it a shot. I think it was more fun for them to look at the pool while riding in the wagon at the same time. The dolphin squirts water out of the top, and I think that was too much, too fast :).

Sanders was working it for the camera!

Braids sunning in the background. Yes, she has 2 babies inside of her and finds out the sex TOMORROW! This stuff is like Christmas Eve for me...

"Dude. What's it like to have skin that you can tan? My mom say I have to keep this shirt on at all times!"

Buds

Also, we had the PRIVILEGE of hosting some of the absolute sweetest people this weekend! Nathan is one of Lee's close friends from college and he and his wife came down with their a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e daughter, Hayes. Foxie had a big ole time with her :). She was so precious, teensy, quiet, and calm. I am sure that wild child scared her a bit. It made me realize even more the difference between boys and girls, and that I would be up a creek if a girl were to ever enter our family. He loved to watch her, though. Maybe he has his first crush? We didn't get many pics, but I snapped some quick pajama shots...



Look at these arms :)

I so enjoyed seeing the Kennedys. They are such a precious family!

OK, I am off to straighten up and head to pick up his prescription. Please pray that these drops work some miracles for us! I hope your Monday has been a little less hectic than mine!





1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness girl! I hate that your day has been rough...we had a case of the Fridays last week with Anna Lee getting her first cold. I think we're starting to encounter the "teething joys" too. Poor Foxie - all those teeth trying to push through at one time! Did the doctor prescribe any liquid gold for mommy too or can you just buy that in a chilled, glass bottle at the grocery store on any day but Sunday before noon?? haha! I want to see a pic of those teeth!!

    ReplyDelete