6.28.2010

Super Lolli!

Tomorrow morning, Foxie leaves for 3 WHOLE nights with Lolli (Lee's mom)! Normally, I would be super sad about this, but words cannot express how much I am looking forward to having time to just rest and feel nauseated all by myself. I know that sounds terrible to be excited about your child leaving for a few days, but it is literally me and Knox ALL day long and I am starting to feel a little sorry for him as I just lay there and let him crawl all over me during the day. 2 weeks ago, Lee and I decided that since 100 + degrees heat index doesn't mix well with an 11 month old and pregnancy, we had some friends from church come over and help break down our guest room furniture and move it to storage so that we could seriously throw every single toy Knox owns in that room and let him go to town in the A.C. All I can say about that is praise Jesus! Lee even got him a slide and Knox could spend hours on that thing (trying to go head first, of course). It's very chaotic in there and a little tacky, but at the moment I have no concerns about the appearance. It is serving its purpose and I am super thankful. Now, we will have to say bye bye to the "playroom" in about 6 and a half months, but we will be sure to get much use out of it before then.
Seriously, I am so thankful for Lolli and I know that Fox will have a blast with her in Auburn (although, he better not come home singing any AU fight songs :)). I am 10 weeks along, so hopefully I am coming to the end of this hard spell. I never realized how much I took feeling well for granted. Zofran has been a friend of mine!
There has been quite a few things going on with us and with Foxie, but I will save that for another post. My best friend down here is in the process of packing up her house and moving to Atlanta, and I am not sure that I can even really talk about it. She leaves on Thursday and I am still in denial. I am sure there will be an entire post on that very soon. Foxie is getting his top 2 teeth in and has taken to chompin' on his crib. There is already a bite guard on there, but we needed to come up with something so that he wouldn't chew threw it or around it. I took some pics tonight of how we rigged it up and how, ummm, happy Knox was with the end result...

"Mom. What are you doing with those blankets?"


"NOOOO! I want to chewwwww!


"SERIOUSLY!!! Take it down!!"


As you can see, he was pumped about it. AND...it looks AWESOME. ha. You do what you gatta do. It's all about survival around here these days...



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that y'all tied blankets on the crib. If he takes after his cousin they will be off in the morning. I will put our crib guard in the mail for you this week! It was the only thing that LK couldn't work around. Love the playroom idea!
    I am SO jealous of Lolli. Wish i was keeping him this week ;)! Hope you have a restful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your free time, Regan!! I know you'll miss Knox, but he will be back before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Regan. I don't know if you remember me, but I met you in college. I went to Troy. I was Amy Jones then. Anyway, I found your blog thru the Cobb's blog. I think we may know alot of the same people. I saw where you are due in January of 2011. I'm due with my third baby on February 1, 2011. Girl, do not feel bad about being happy to see your little guy go for a few days. This pregnancy stuff is no joke and I soak up any alone time that I can come by. I hope you're able to get some rest.

    ReplyDelete