12.03.2009

4 month old Drool Monster...

This little turkey turned 4 months on Thanksgiving Day.
Due to traveling a good bit, I am a little late on taking his monthly crib photo. I will say that it is getting harder and harder to get him to cooperate and take a picture, unlike when he was a newborn and just laid there.

Instead of easy shots, I am now getting this:

and this:

as well as this:

and this:

Anywho, the first one was the best that I could do. We go to the doc on Tuesday, so I do not have any stats to report right now. However, if I had to guess I would say that he is 100 pounds and 100 inches long. He has been such a happy baby with no terrible signs of acid reflux! Yay! He is drooling quite a bit and has been chewing on everything in sight, so I am assuming that he is teething??? Don't really know...this is my first child. Speaking of first child, lately I have been really sad at how big he is getting and I have been trying to "gently" approach the topic of having another one with Lee. Haha. If you know me, then you know that when I say "gently", I mean opposite day. I talk about it all the time. Lee keeps telling me that we should "table the conversation for now." I just think that means we can talk about it again very soon :). I know that I am crazy, so no need to tell me. I am sure that hubs won't be on board for a while, but I am having a blast with Knox and feel like I want 50 more!
I hope everyone is having a great holiday season so far. I love December. It is my favorite month. If Lee would let me, I would keep the tree up 12 months out of the year!
I came across this verse today, and it was so refreshing to me, and also convicting...

"Jesus is the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." John 6:35

Sometimes (O.K, a lot of times) I get distracted and try to fill myself with meaningless things of the world...especially during this time of year. But reading this verse just reminded me that He is the only one that can satisfy me, and that I will fail when I look elsewhere. It seems so simple, but sometimes it can be so hard for me, and I hate that. Anyways, I hope this verse blesses you today like it did me and reminds you that it really is all about Him...



2 comments:

  1. what a big, cute boy!! and i totally agree about leaving the tree up year round - i'm all about a seasonal tree - a girl can dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4 months already, Knox! Wow he is getting so big and is such a very handsome baby boy! I hear you on the #2 conversation. I think I started bringing it up about that same time w/Nathan. He's not quite on board yet. I love the verse too-if we could just remember that in EVERY situation that comes up! It is all about Him and no matter how elementary that seems it's still hard to remember everyday. Thanks for sharing that! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete