12.02.2009

Tree hunting and Anniversary!

Lee and I went and hunted down our 4th family Christmas tree on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I was a little sad this year since this was the very first time that I have not been with my family for the big event, but since I had my 2 favorite boys with me...I made it through :). It is always a treat watching my hubby chop down the tree. As I stated in a previous blog, he does not know how to "dress down", so he is always the best dressed person on the Christmas tree farm. I snagged a few pics of him sawing the tree down, and don't doubt that he commented on the fact that his clothes were getting dirty! God love him!

Knox found the tree he wanted!


A pic of tough guy stretching it out for the chop down:


In action...


And...I don't have any pics of the final product up and decorated. We started to decorate Sunday night, and then we left Monday morning for the Grand Hotel to celebrate our anniversary. I can't believe we have been married for 3 years. I won't start on how blessed I feel for the Lord bringing Lee into my life or how much I love him... because I am not sure that I would be able to stop, so I will spare you :). I will say that Christ has chosen an amazing partner for me to share my life with, be stretched in ways that I could have never imagined, and experience the most unconditional love that I don't deserve! I love this man, and I am so honored to be his wife!

In front of the Christmas tree in the lobby of the Grand Hotel:


Here we are at Jesse's...our favorite restaurant. It was the perfect night to go since we were practically the only ones in the place! We ate delicious food and talked for hours about the first 3 years of our marriage, as well as hopes and dreams for the next 60!

2 comments:

  1. Your tree is beautiful--don't worry, mine is up but not decorated yet either. And congrats on your anniversary, you two love birds!! Love, Aunt B

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a HUGE tree! The picture of Lee cutting it down is too funny!! Happy anniversary to you both-time goes by so fast. And what a great place to celebrate at the Grand!! Got your precious card this week-Knox is ADORABLE-thanks so much. Miss you lots!!

    ReplyDelete