3.08.2011

2 Months Already!



Today was Greer's 2 month check up. I can't believe she is 2 months old already, but man am I glad that she FINALLY got her shots and we are able to really get out and about. I am not sure if it's because she is a girl or what, but her shots were a lot more traumatizing for me than they were with Knox. She cried a little, turned red, and held her breath. Mommy wanted to do the same!
Stats:
weight: 11 lbs, 15 ounces - 60%
height: 23 and 3/8 inches (how technical is that?) - 90%

Waiting patiently for our turn:

Waiting in the room and liking the crinkly sound of the paper:



Then the nurse came in, and well...you know the rest. 3 shots. 2 in one leg, 1 in the other, and an oral dose as well. This is her face at check out...she already has the pouty lip DOWN!

5 minutes after we left:

Saddest picture of the day, by far!


And this is pretty much all she wants to do right now...

At 2 months, she is still a super easy baby. Last night she slept from 10:30 to 5 this morning, which was awesome. I look forward to the day when she sleeps from about 7 to at least 7. I know it will get here...just have to be patient. As far as who she looks like, I am not too sure right now. In most pictures, she looks like Lee and Knox still. She has Knox's little pug nose that he had when he was a baby :). That is definitely on my side of the family. Her hair is still brown, but it is not quite as dark as it was when she was born. You can't tell by the pictures, but her eyes are very blue right now. A big part of me has always wanted a big brown eyed baby, but if she keeps the blue eyes then at least that's something from me as well. As you can see she is starting to chunk up a bit..YIPIEE!!! I really, really need her to have Knox's cheeks. I mean, really need her to. She eats every 3 hours. Stays awake for about an hour and a half, and then sleeps for an hour and a half. She likes to sleep, so I usually have to wake her to feed her. She has great neck strength and seems to do well following objects with her eyes. She likes to swat at her mobile and the little animals hanging from her bouncy seat.
Side note: As I type this, I wonder...Who in the world cares about this boring stuff?? Ha. I'm telling you, after I re-read all my posts, I was excited to see that I have awesome documentation for the kids one day, so I must persevere!

And these were the pics we took on her actual 2 month birthday, March 5th.



What is this face???


Sweet profile :)

And...she had enough!


Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday. Just wanted to add that some of the girls and I have started reading the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan, and I can't describe how awesome it is. Truly. If you are looking for an "easy" read that challenges you in HUGE ways, this is the book for you. We have been so encouraged by it and can't wait to pick it apart and dig deeper. I love that I have an amazing core group of friends that I can do that with. 
Have a great week!













1 comment:

  1. I care about this stuff!! So precious! Greer is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete