3.19.2011

This and That

I don't really have just one thing to report in this post, more like a hodge podge of things. First of all, and most excitingly, C.K. came for a visit this weekend and it was MORE than awesome to have her here. We all went to a baby shower/bunco night for a friend Friday night, and then we all walked in the Fairhope Spring Fever Chase today. The weather seriously could not have been more beautiful! I mean, I love Fairhope all the time, but I REALLY love Fairhope in the spring time!
The bunco night was super fun...considering I have never ever played before. It got a little out of control loud at times, which I loved. I think I am addicted and will definitely need an invite from ANYONE who reads this blog and plays bunco. If you question my skills, lets just say that I sat at the high table most of the night, IF you know what I mean. That is, if you can call throwing dice on a table skills...

Here is Andrea and I chatting before the chaos began:

The girls after the walk this morning:

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics of the Arts and Crafts Festival today. Downtown Fairhope is slammed with cutsey booths and vendors all along the streets. It's incredible and so fun. We are planning on heading back tomorrow, so maybe I will snap a few then...

Let me slip in some comments on my girl, Cathie (top row, second from the left). This sweet girl came down to get filled with girl time, and ended up spending some of here time here...with this guy:


Yup...the pediatrician. Why, do you ask?? Well, we had a multitude of reasons. First off, Foxie was super, DUPER eager to get his hands on the pork loin that daddy was cooking the other night. So eager that he walked right up to the grill and placed his fingers on it:


Am I a bad mom for posting this? I promise that we watch him carefully (most times), and he only cried for a few minutes after it happened. Poor Lee felt HORRIBLE. Knox hasn't been bothered by it at all really, but he started running a low grade fever the other day, off and on, and I was worried that it might be infected or something. Luckily, no infection and the doc said it's healing well. He also had a chemical burn, that's right, chemical burn on his bottom! Most children would call it a diaper rash, but since this little guy has skin as sensitive as Casper, he woke up with a dirty diaper the other morning and it had literally peeled sheets of skin off his bottom since he had slept in it for a little while. I would post the pic of what it looked like, but then child services would be at my doorstep within a matter of hours, and I would prefer to have my children live with me. We got some prescription cream and it has pretty much cleared up now, so that's good. Yesterday morning we let him walk around the house without a diaper on after his bath so that it could air out. Don't worry...I started feeding him oatmeal standing up since it hurt him to sit down and about 5 bites in to it, I felt some warm liquid on my foot. I guess Knox thought my toes needed some watering because he relieved himself right there on the spot. All I could do was laugh at the poor guy, and then run to the bathroom and wash my foot off immediately...
He wouldn't smile for the camera so I got an action shot of him playing with the car:

Anyways, all this to say that Cathie is a trooper for coming with us since she had just spent the week dealing with her sick child and Dr's offices. 

I have a few more pics of some randomness that I will post. Nothing too exciting these days. Still loving on and am super emotional about the family that God gave me. I know that I mentioned it before, but I seriously recommend the book Crazy Love. It has, hands down, been one of the most eye opening books that I have ever read. The more I read it, the more I am blown away by how much God loves me, and how I only give Him whats "left over" at the end of the day. He wants and desires so much more from us, and I desire to give Him everything, but somehow I manage to let the small, non-significant things get in the way and distract me so easily. I love meeting with the girls each week. It's so encouraging to hear everyone's different view and what they are learning. It's also awesome accountability. I am so thankful for the women that God has placed in my life. I think I mention that in almost every post, and I will continue to do so because the body of Christ is so important, and I have been so blessed. I don't think I really grasped that until I graduated from college. While I was in college, I totally took it for granted. 

So, back to the pics. A little bit of here and there...

Lee was cutting the grass with Knox the other day and ran inside to get his wallet. I wonder why?? :) That's right. Our neighborhood still has the 1980's ice cream truck stroll through. If you look closely, you can see the blinds that Foxie likes to peek out of. I let Lee be in charge of the cold treat while I was inside with G-Baby. This is what I came outside to find! I love it!: 



We went to the Fairhope Art Walk the other night with Trotter and Murphy. Aren't they adorable?

Twinkies :)

Sheriff Foxie:


I'm not sure how much longer these stilts for legs will be able to fit in the car seat!

Laying around the house:


Tummy Time:


This might be my favorite for the week. Look at her and Holland holding hands! LOVE IT!!!



And lastly...I wanted to report some big news...
G-BABY SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT LAST NIGHT!
Praise the big man above for that one! Lee woke me up by shaking me like I was robbing him to tell me that it was 6:45 and neither one of us had gotten up with her. After I saw she was breathing on the monitor, I was like "Close your eyes, you crazy man and go back to sleep!" 
WHOOOOOP WHOOP!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!




3 comments:

  1. Looks like everything is going well for the Lawsons! I don't think Knox could get any cuter!!! And Greer?? With the dark hair, brown skin, and long legs?? Watch out!!!
    Miss you guys!
    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see y'all next weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pics! That one of Lee and Knox is suuuuuper cute. I love his big ol' smile...Knox's smile, btw. I'm glad he's recovering from all of his little boo boos. If it makes you feel any better, AL has had that exact same thing happen to her bottom twice. I felt like such a terrible parent when I had to take her to the dr for it. I guess those little redheads will always fight sensitive skin issues. That's why they're perfect for each other- they can share prescription butt cream. Match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete