5.05.2011

4 months

G-girl turned 4 months old today. Hard to believe that in 2 months she will be half a year old! Can I hit the pause button, please? Our doctor appointment is not until Tuesday, so I don't have any stats right now. All I know is that she is growing like a weed. She is still a happy and content baby, but over the past week or so she has really found her vocal cords, and home girl will definitely let you know when she is hungry. She can go from calm and smiling to breaking window panes is about .00002 seconds. As soon as she is fed then she is back to happy land. Pretty sure she gets that from me.

She is on a 4 hour schedule now. Feeds at 7, 11, 3, and 7. Sleeps from about 7:30 at night until 7 in the morning, which is lovely. She naps from 9 to 11, 1 to 3, and maybe for about 30 to 45 minutes in the late afternoon. She is dropping the 5 to 7 nap, and only catnaps from 5 to 5:45 ish. SO...that means that she gets to join us at the dinner table now which is fun. She loves to stare at Knox. We catch her smiling and drooling at him ever so often. He, of course, is going 90 to nothing, but will come to a hault to run over and kiss her or point to her and yell her name with a huge smile on his face. Just like every other mom on the planet, I love seeing them interact with each other. I am excited for the day when they carry on conversations and openly discuss important things... like how much they love their mother. Ha!

I was telling my friend, Christie, yesterday that every single minute of my day is accounted for. I always have at least 1 child with me if not 2. Knox goes to MDO and I am so thankful for that because it is a nice break for me to get things done. However, alone time is few and far between and by the end of the day I am a little worn out. But it's a good worn out. I just hope that I am doing the best job that I can of instilling Jesus into their lives with my daily time with them. I could sit here and list out all the mistakes I've made, but there is not enough time in the world for that. I just pray that I am loving them the way He wants me to and resembling Him through that love. Not just in the sweet moments, but even in the times of discipline and melt downs. Parenting can be so hard at times and I will be the first to admit that I can really doubt myself and wonder if we are doing the right things. I mean, don't we all want to do the right things? I am learning to really commit myself to praying for guidance for that. It's so easy to compare parenting and behavior to other children. Not right, but easy. I mean, I would love it if Knox sat in his highchair and ate up every scrap of food we gave him with a pleasant smile on his face while we were at a restaurant. Heck, I would probably fall out of my chair. But it ain't happenin' these days. I think if I had to confess our biggest struggle right now, that would be it. It's very easy for me to look at people around me that have children that sit pleasantly through meals and I wonder what I have done wrong as a parent? Might sound crazy, but it's the truth. ANYWAYS...I'm rambling, but the point is that I am really trying to react to situations like that the way that the Lord would want me to and show Knox unconditional love with a balance of discipline and grace, and to understand that every child is different. He has really grown up so much over the past few months. All the tantrums that he use to have rarely show their face these days (I hope I didn't just jinx myself), he is SO SO funny and says hilarious things and laughs out loud ALL the time, he loves to be loved on and is so desperate to get your praise, he has absolutely amazed us with how gentle he is with Greer-something that I was so worried about, he is super independent, extremely helpful, crazy energetic, and loves to hug and kiss you. The list could go on. What I am trying to say is that the Lord is teaching me to be thankful that Knox is JUST the way he is, even if highchairs in restaurants are a struggle for us. This probably sounds elementary to most of you moms, but if you really know me then you know that this is revolutionary for me. I have expected Knox to behave the way I want him to 100% of the time, and I guess you could say I am slowly learning that that's not realistic. My goodness, I definitely don't please the Lord 100% of the time with MY life, so why should I expect it from my 21 month old? Oh Lord, how you continue to humble me...

O.K., so now that I randomly typed my thoughts out unexpectedly in the paragraph above, I will move on the Greer turning 4 months old today. I love her. With every single ounce of being in me. I love that I get to be super hyper and crazy and wrestle with Knox, and 2 seconds later be sweet and gentle and calm with Greer. I love the way she looks at me...like nothing else in the world even matters. I can't wait for her to discover that there is a God out there that loves her EVEN MORE than I do, as unfathomable as it seems to me. Oh how I pray that her sweet spirit would remain. And Oh how I send up 1,000 praises a day to the one that gave her that sweet spirit...



Looks like she's working out with dumbbells. Interesting move, there.  

Feet!

Loving her cheeks and sweet eyelashes :)

If you're looking for Knox, you know where he can be found

Daddy's eyebrows! 

 Growing up so fast :(

 Joining us at the dinner table now!

 So random, but this guy decided that sliced apples are no longer cool. Eating it whole is what's up.


As parents we have so much to be thankful for, even the things that we wish we could sometimes change. Look at what the Lord has entrusted us with as mothers...what an honor!

I hope everyone has a fantastic Mother's Day this weekend, and you enjoy your day with your beautiful families!

4 comments:

  1. Happy 4 Months G-Baby! So happy to hear that she is on a FANTASTIC schedule. I remember hitting that 4 hour mark and thinking that my life just improved drastically. CONGRATS!!

    On a Knox note...on those days when you're tempted to look over at the table next to you in a restaurant and stare in awe of their well behaved child, eating their dinner quietly and completely just think that YESTERDAY they were probably the one starring at another child, wondering how those parents were able to get their kid to do the same thing...they may have even been looking at you!

    Point is...we (kids and parents) all have our good days and our bad days. Kids' bad days/moments are little more unpredictable and terribly inconvenient but the great thing I've come to realize, and I'm sure you have too, is that EVERY parent alive can look over at you on those bad days and sympathize because we have ALL been there and we all know how tough parenting can be. Yet, we all know that in most cases, that parent is doing the BEST they can to teach and shape that child into a wonderful person. We all fall short -everyday-but we make it with the grace of God and each other. I know you know all of that but sometimes it just helps to know that 1.) Someone, (me) is fighting the same challenges you are daily. 2.) EVERY parent of a child is fighting some challenge whether you see it or not. 3.)Its more fun to laugh when you feel like you're about to cry...it usually confuses the crap out of Anna Lee and she starts laughing too.

    I'm glad you're a mommy and I'm celebrating you on Mother's day...I know you're a fantastic mom to 2 of the most precious babies alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so sweet. I love your little ones. Wish they could come to our house to play. And you have never been to our house at mealtime, but please come any time and witness how crazy it can be!! Up, down, up, down, up, down, I want a snack, snack, snack-it's crazy! And you are right it is sooo hard when they don't obey instantly, something that I am having to get used to dealing with often and hoping too that I am reacting the way I should-not out of anger and frustration, but in the way tat God would have me to. It's hard girl!! Such is life! Happy 4 months to precious Greer. love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and another thought-this is a HUGE reason why I love these blogs. I think it's good therapy for the mamas to see they are not the only ones dealing w/certain behaviors from their toddlers and that it's all an age thing. What did moms do before now?! Reading about your and other people's families are my daily sanity savers-so THANK YOU very much for your honesty and openness always. Love it and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Regan-how I needed those words. I especially identify with wanting your children to act the way you want them to 100% of the time, but like you said I don't act the way the Lord desires of me 100% of the time. I identify with A LOT you said. I am really struggling as a mom right now...
    Happy 4 months to Greer!
    And Happy Mother's Day to YOU!

    ReplyDelete