7.11.2011

Greer-6 months!

G-girl turned 6 months last week on the 5th, and we went to have our little check up today. Her appt was right smack in the middle of her morning nap, and that sweet baby smiled her entire way through, tired and all.  She did cry with her 3 shots, but was tear free by the time we got to the check out. Every single day I am amazed by her. I can't believe that something so sweet belongs to me. Even Dr. Rux asked me if she was this sweet all the time. I know without a shadow of a doubt that it is ALL the Lord's doing. The second I found out I was pregnant again I was on my knees begging God for a different newborn experience. I love Knox with everything inside of me, but his colic and reflux ALMOST did me in :). Not a day goes by that Lee and I don't thank God in our prayers for her demeanor. She is so laid back that I even asked the doctor today if I should be worried about anything. You could lay her on burning pavement and she was probably just lay there and coo at you. He said everything was great and normal and that we were just blessed with a sweet spirited little girl. Praise Jesus. I hope I am typing about this sweet spirit when she turns 16!

Weight- 18.5 pounds- 90% percentile
Height- 28.5 inches- still not on the charts



After Greer woke up from her late afternoon nap, we had a little 6 month celebration for her. Naturally she had no idea what was going on. Knox, on the other hand, enjoyed his cupcake. Poor G-girl only got to watch him eat it. Terrible, I know, BUT... she only has 6 more months before she can devour her birthday cake :).




"Wait. What just happened? What is on my head?"

















"Mom's not looking. Just put it in my mouth!"

Knox loved the blower thingys

Look at their faces! Lee was doing some weird dance to get them to look at the camera.

G ain't so sure about it

Nothing sexier than a husband who puts on a girly birthday hat for a half-birthday party!






Greer, at 6 months you are:
*rolling like crazy
*sort of sitting up by yourself
*scoot around the room on your tummy
*still no teeth, and BARELY any hair.
*Still have blue eyes and brown hair
*Love bananas
*sleep from 7:30 to about 7:30
*take 2 long naps and a short late afternoon one
*Love watching your brother run circles around you
*smile so big your eyes almost close shut :)
*Love being read to
*are content pretty much any where we put you
*CANNOT stand it when you have a dirty diaper 

We are constantly praying that your sweet spirit would remain and that others would be able to easily see Christ through you because of it. That your self worth, significance, and satisfaction would come from the Lord only. That you and Knox would build a strong relationship that would last a lifetime. That the Lord would protect you and keep you, and that you would be surrounded by friends that encourage you to honor the Lord with your life. 

Happy 6 months, sweet baby. Have I told you how happy I am that you turned out to be a girl?


2 comments:

  1. I love her! what a PRECIOUS girl you have. happy 6 months sweet baby G!! I still can't wait to meet you-hopefully sooner than later! OH!! So excited-I need to email you Regan-we are coming down there Aug. 20 weekend-hope y'all will be in town b/c I need some face-time!

    Amy Kennedy-this is only letting me post under anonymous-wierd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Knox looking at her and her mouth is wide open! Adorable. And the caption was hilarious!
    Happy 6 months Greer!

    ReplyDelete