7.07.2011

4th of July Weekend

This year we had the pleasure of spending the 4th of July with the Halls and the Creels at Lake Martin. We packed up all of our families and headed out, and we had a blast. We had 8 kids between the 3 families, and everyone behaved very well...which makes trips like this WAY more enjoyable. Between the hours of 5pm and 7pm it got a little "hairy" at times, but we just hunkered down and persevered through it. It was a sight to be seen! Pretty much you just walked through the living room and played with a kid for a minute, then you went to the dining room and gave child a few bites to eat of something, and then you throw a bunch of them in the tub and start bathing. Most of the time you didn't really know who you were feeding, bathing, or playing with...you just did it at full speed so that we could make it to bedtime! The husbands were super hands on as well and that was a huge help.

I barely took ANY pictures since the weekend was so action packed. We were in the water most of the time, so neither one of us had dry hands to hold a camera and take lots of pics. Knox went tubing for the first time and he LOVED it. It was so fun. I rode with him, and his face was the exact same face he had on the go-karts...all business. I looked over and saw his serious face and his cheeks flappin' in the wind and couldn't help but laugh. After we fell off, he came up from the water pointing and shouting "Tue! Tue! (tube)." He would lean which ever way we were going. I think he thought he was steering it! The deck had an awesome slide that I wasn't sure if he was going to like or not. Lee took him outside to swim first and said that the first time he got in the water was by going down the slide. I was shocked. He is definitely a child that has to warm up to things. He went down about 1,000 times before the weekend was over. Mommy was a little tired from climbing that puppy every time with him.

The boys put on an awesome firework display the last 2 nights. They were really pretty. I can't believe that I am about to confess this on the blog, but a few of us even jumped Chimney Rock. I had heard of it before but didn't know much about it. After jumping it I read a few articles about how dangerous it was, so looking back I guess I would say that I didn't make the best decision. Yikes! It was crazy scary and something that I am certain I will never do again. I still can't believe I did it. I'm not a fan of heights. Plus, I enjoy my life, so I am still in a little shock over it. I also have quite the bruise on my right leg from going in at a little bit of an angle. Let's just say that I am not 18 anymore and my body let me know it real quick! Hind-sights 20/20...

I will leave you with the few pictures that I took. We had such a great time with awesome friends, and we are so thankful for the invite. Many laughs were had and lots of great food was enjoyed! God has blessed us abundantly with some awesome friendships...

We asked K and Sanders to hug. Toy story was playing, so this is all we got :)

Sweet Caden was an awesome help with the younger ones!

Drooling over the slide







Yes, she is like twice his size, and he is almost 10 months!




Thanks, Chimney Rock

Greer pimpin' her pink ride

Tubing!



I hope everyone had a relaxing holiday celebrating our country's freedom!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! When I read you jumped off Chimney Rock, my jaw dropped. I, too, used to be a daredevil but am now a first class scaredy pants. I went skydiving on my 21st Bday and absolutely can NOT imagine EVER doing that again knowing how crazy it really was. I guess thats the whole "ignorance is bliss" thing playing out in my own life. I'm SO glad you survived with only minor injuries :) I'm also SUPER impressed with Knox tubing! He must be following in mommy's super brave ways! Glad you guys had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am shocked too that you jumped! Holy Cow! I would have NEVER done that-i'm such a scaredy cat!
    And I am also shocked that Knox tubed... he is getting to be a big boy!
    I'm glad you guys had a great weekend-I can just picture the dinner table with so many kids. Not to mention bath time and bedtime!

    ReplyDelete