7.25.2011

Road Trip

G-Girl and I packed up and rolled out to the mighty Mississipp last Friday to see some of our favorite people. One of my best friends from college, Grant, and his awesome wife, Rebecca, live in Brandon, Mississippi. AND...Christie, Brad, and their precious baby Hayes live there as well. It was so so so fun to see everyone and get some good time to catch up with them.

Like I said earlier, Grant and I go way back to college. He was honestly like a brother to me and we have seen each other through many things-to say the least :). We use to tell each other that when we got older (I guess we are now old), we hoped that our spouses and children could hang out together. Cool story to insert real quick...I knew Rebecca before Grant met her and we instantly became super close friends, like we knew each other our entire lives. My friendship with Rebecca grew for about an entire year before she ever even met Grant. AND...I wasn't even the one who introduced them! It just randomly happened one night when a  group got together to go to a baseball game in Montgomery and dinner afterwards. I was pregnant with Knox at the time and she wanted to come down and visit :). Both Grant and Rebecca were in a place where they were learning a lot about themselves and trying to figure out why some things had happened in their lives, and low and behold, the Lord used all of it to bring them together...His perfect plan!  Since I have gotten married, Grant and I haven't done the best job of keeping in touch, so it was really neat to watch him "pursue" a great friend of mine and get to hang out with them as a couple. One of the first times they rode in a car together was to come to the hospital to meet Knox when he was born. How cool is that? Well, probably not too cool to you, but very cool to me.

We had THE most fun this weekend. Greer loved seeing her Aunt Reba and Uncle Grant, and she was  a sport at tagging along to all our of our dinners and outings. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard, and I even stayed up past midnight both nights (granted, I was in my pj's...but still...). They were such servants and I felt so welcomed. They even made me an awesome breakfast with omelets, fruit, potatoes and cheese, and fresh squeezed O.J. I immediately told them that if they came to my house I might throw them a cheerio or 2 for breakfast and a sippy cup of milk, so I'm sure they are longing for that day.

I also got to have lunch with Christie, Brad and baby Hayes. We loved hanging out with these guys years ago when they lived on the Eastern Shore. They are definitely missed and we joke about living close by again one day. So weird that we have babies now! When we use to hang out we were young and baby free. My, how the times have changed. After lunch we went back to their place and let the babies nap while we hung out and caught up with each other. I love me some Christie, and I don't think she could get any cuter if she tried!

So thankful for these amazing friendships! I was super sad to leave everyone on Sunday, but I knew I had some cute boys to come home to, so that made it a little easier :)


Greer and I's chauffeur's for the weekend

G is loving Uncle Grant's phone

Umm...how pretty are their babies going to be?

 Seriously, Christie? Why are you always to cute. And I want to steal your baby :)

 15 pics, and this is the best one I got. Sadness! Hayes is sooo cute!

 Grant planted willow trees in the rain. So handy.

 We thought it would be funny to take a studious pic. A little flash back from college. Although, a true flashback would have been Grant doing my math homework while I painted my toenails. Whoops.

 This woman is a natural with babies. I can't handle her hair. I would LOVE some of those curls to rub off on G-girl.



 All geared up to take the Praxis! Over-achiever...



 Greer had to give him the ENT inspection.

Thanks to Adams family and the Davis family for such an awesome weekend! Miss you guys already!

3 comments:

  1. JEALOUS! Wish you could have picked me up on the way-how much fun! Would have loved to have been there w/2 of my favorite people. And REALLy small world-I know Christy too-she's from Dothan-2 yrs. older than me. Glad y'all had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regan- so sweet! LOVE YOU! Amy, next time you HAVE to come too!! :)

    ReplyDelete