8.24.2011

2 Year Check-Up & MDO

Knox had his 2 year check up today, and everything looked great. So blessed to have a happy, healthy little boy. I think that it's so easy to take for granted ALL the little (and big) things that go along with having a healthy child, and today I am more than thankful for his healthy check up.

Weight: 34 pounds
Height: 37 inches

He is in the upper 90's for both stats. I was a little surprised at the weight stat because he has literally almost lost ALL his baby weight, which hurts my heart a little bit to type. He is still trying to hold on to his cheeks, praise Jesus, but his legs and arms and tummy are just thinning out like crazy. He's still a big boy, don't get me wrong...he's just starting to look more and more like a little boy rather than a baby, and well...that makes me sad. I guess they all have to grow up at some point. I will say that I think he gets more and more fun with each passing day. He has crazy energy and prefers to be outside hitting some type of ball, mainly golf balls or baseballs. He now LOVES trucks...the louder the better. He talks ALL the time and if we are lucky, we will understand about 30% of it. He laughs all the time. At everything. I love that about him. So carefree. I love that he tells me to sit beside him all the time and put my arm around him. I love that he shouts "Roll Tide" from his bedroom randomly  after we put him to bed. I love that he walks by Lee and I and sometimes just gives us a "Good game" pat on our bums, and keeps going. Hilarious. I love his red hair and green eyes. I love that we now have to stop and "pay" (pray) not only at mealtime, oh but about every other hour or so. No matter where we are. I love that I get to spend 2 hours with him on the days that he doesn't go to MDO-one on one-while Greer is taking her morning nap. I love that time I have with him. Anyways, I love many things about this kid, but most of all I love that the Lord gave him to us!


I would hate for his hands to get cold while having a juice box. That would be terrible. 


Sportin' his Buzz and Woody tats. Devastated when they had to come off at bath time. Good thing we have like 20 more.

He also started back at MDO last week. He has probably the nicest teacher on the face on the planet, and he loves to say her name all the time. Her name is Mrs. Barbara (Ba-Bra). Apparently she is really good at potty training. Terrible, but I cringe at the thought of starting that process. Maybe I will just drop him off one day and by the time I get back he will be wearing big boy undies?? Ha. I would pay "Ba-Bra" a pretty penny if she could manage that one. He loves his class and is with most of his friends from last year. He is qualified to be a "car-line" kid, but I haven't done that yet. I've walked him in the 2 days he has been back, but I think I will be hittin' that car line up soon. Something about pajamas and coffee in the car line has a nice ring about it. I tried to get some pics of him headed to school, but it didn't really work out for me. Only got a couple from my phone that aren't great, but we take what we can get around here.

Have a good day at school, Lee, Jr!

Here's his little classroom. Wish I would have gotten some clearer pictures. He just walks right in and waves goodbye to me. I definitely would rather him be happy to go, but it I would love to know that deep down he'd rather be with me! Ha. I'm a loser. 

The boys...checking out some trucks!

That's it, folks. I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday afternoon!


3 comments:

  1. YAY for a great check up. Be careful what you wish for with wanting him to miss you when you drop him off, friend. Anna Lee started FREAKING out about 2 weeks ago when I had to drop her off in the morning. It came out of no where and it is AWFUL. Completely heartbreaking for both of us. Looks like he has a fun little class. I'll be interested to see how Potty Training goes at school...we've had a TERRIBLE time with it at school. AL is 100% potty trained with us and 0% potty trained at school. I just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe his stats! That is impressive my friend!
    And I know you miss that little guy when he is at MDO! But I'm sure he is having the time of his life!
    And with potty training... he may do better than you think! I pray he won't be like Jeremiah in that department! It will save you some $$$$!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry we missed seeing y'all last weekend. Can't believe we were that close and didn't get to see each other!! Next time! Precious pics. Love your cute babies/big boy! Oh and I'm with you. I would pay big time for someone else to do the potty training. We're talking it up big time, but she's not in rush to get there yet!

    ReplyDelete