9.08.2011

Game Day!

Praise Jesus, football season has finally arrived! To kick off the season, we decided to load the kids up and head to T-town to watch the game, as well as stay with/visit my brother and his family in Tuscaloosa.

We originally had tickets for the entire family to go, but Greer came down with a nasty cold so Lee took her home after we hung out on campus for a bit and Knox and I went to the game. Can you believe how amazing Lee is? I was more than ready to take little girl back to the house, and that was the original plan, but as we were all walking to the stadium, Lee took my hand and gave me the tickets and told me that I deserved to go enjoy the game with Knox. I know, ridiculous. I am pretty sure that no matter how hard I try, I will never be as sweet as he is.

So, we all know that Knox loves to throw balls, swing clubs and bats, and watch sports in general. Well, holy MOLY he did incredible at the game! I mean, he sat in that chair and stared at the field the entire time. It was as if he knew exactly what was going on. I couldn't believe it. We took a break and went down to the concession for lunch, but other than that he sat and stared (and talked to his cousins) the entire time. I was SO proud of him. It made the game that much more enjoyable. I will never forget the way his face lit up when we walked into that stadium. The atmosphere was amazing and he loved every second of it. Making memories like that with the kids is just priceless to me. Can't wait until he's old enough to understand everything and talk about it!

I only took a few pics from my phone (surprise surprise). In my defense, it is SO much easier to tote around your cell phone than it is to carry that huge camera around! Especially when you have 50 children like I do and you can barely remember if you put deodorant on or brushed your teeth that morning.

Woke up playing the Alabama Fight song on his cool older cousin's, Braden, drums...

Bama Boys

 G-girl hanging in there even though she felt horrible :(



 Making friends

Getting carried in to the game by Uncle Russ

Cousins! Darby, Knox, Braden

 Future players? Seriously, Braden is the coolest kid ever. So so so sweet to Knox and is an incredible athlete. He's also smart as all get out. Renaissance Man.

 This was his face the majority of the time. Intense!

Cheese!


 On a side note, you would NOT believe the people that wanted to talk to Knox or high five him because of his hair color. It was more insane than usual. Lots of them just yelled "Roll Tide!" and petted his head. Hilarious.

It was a great way to start the season! Looking forward to hopefully putting up many more W's in the future. Roll Tide!

1 comment:

  1. How fun...and sweet of Lee! I'm so glad you guys had fun! I know that was super special for you. He looks so cute in his little visor too...even if it did have an elephant on it :)

    ReplyDelete