9.19.2011

8.5 Months

Geesh. I am SLACKIN' on these monthly updates. I honestly am not even prepared to do this one because I haven't gotten any good 8 month pics, but I am just going to have to slap it down real quick seeing as how 9 months is right around the corner.
Baby girl has MORPHED into a woman of independence! Holy cow. Let's see, here. Crawling is for the birds, and she is now climbing on everything and standing with minimal assistance. She gets fired UP when she sees Knox running around and she realizes she can't run herself. She literally lunges out of your arms onto the floor and speed crawls towards him. On Saturday she TOOK 2 STEPS before she realized that she is only 8 months and cannot walk. She face planted into a toy and had a nice little mark on her face all day. All she wants is Knox. She is a sleeper-big time-and usually doesn't wake until 8. Knox goes in her room with me every morning to get her, and they both light up when they make eye contact. She can bend her body in ways that I have never seen, and if he moves from her sight while getting her diaper changed, she will practically break her neck to find him. I ask him all the time to sing or dance for her while I change her diaper, and the things that he does to entertain her are hilarious. I think I need to start paying him some allowance for his hard work!


This might be the ONLY picture I have of her looking at the camera.

"Baby toys are O.K...."

" But..."

" I'd rather play trucks with brother in the hallway."

"All of his toys are louder and better"



"Especially when he shows me how to play with them!"
 



 Storing up food for the winter...

 And...teething like crazy! But I do have some big news. She FINALLY got a visit from the tooth fairy and got her first tooth last week. Bottom right :)

And sometimes...


 She likes to beat up her brother just to keep him in check :)

Love this sweet baby girl, and I especially love watching the relationship that's developing between these 2. So thankful for my days with them, even the hard ones. There have been a lot of days here lately where I have just stepped back and watched the 2 of them playing with Lee, and I've asked myself..."Is this really my life?"
God is good!


3 comments:

  1. Holy crap...I feel like you are lying about her age to get her in somewhere or something because there is no way that girl is already 8.5 months old! Unreal how quickly time is flying by. I love the pics. Her cheeks are every bit as scrumptious as her big brother's was in his baby days. I love seeing the pics of them playing together - I know that is make-your-heart-melt material, of sure. 2 cuties under 1 roof...how do you get any work done around the house!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I cannot handle her cheeks and lips. That is all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her legs and cheeks are so chunky and cute! Wow!!! You are entering into a really fun phase of the 2 of them being able to play together! It is adorable! Time is indeed flying by!

    ReplyDelete