9.26.2011

This Guy...

(the big one), is so amazing. The little one is, too, but this post is for the hubs. He sent my sister and I on a surprise get-away to Destin for a few days. I had no clue it was coming, and I was so excited when I found out! A few weeks ago, Lee had a conference in Destin and we stayed in Bay Towne. It was incredible and so kid friendly. I kept telling him that I would love to be able to come back with him - kid free - and be able to go an do, shop, be lazy by the pool with him, etc. He was so sweet to send me because I know he would have loved to be the one in Robyn's spot (sorry, sister :)), but getting someone to watch 2 small kids last minute isn't really doable when my parents both work. So he sucked it up and sent me with the next best option...Robyn! 

The past few days have been filled with loud music/singing in the car, windows rolled down, trying on clothes and laughing in the fitting rooms, sharing a bed, perhaps a fruity drink :), a LITTLE bit of serious talk, watching Alabama football, dinners on the water watching the sun set, live music, sharing lip gloss, discussing future haircuts, laughing about old boyfriends, delicious food, picking out houses that we would own in Seaside one day (yea, right!), and enjoying the gorgeous weather. It was awesome, and so very welcomed. 

I am so thankful for such a thoughtful husband. I love him so much. 

I will confess that I was sad when I pulled out of the driveway. I don't like being without Lee and I'm definitely not use to being without the kids, but it was such a nice refresher for me. And are you ready for this???

A LITTLE OVER 3 WEEKS, AND MY HUSBAND AND I WILL BE ALONE IN THE BAHAMAS TOGETHER CELEBRATING OUR 5TH ANNIVERSARY.

It's true. You read correctly. We are traveling together, alone, not work related, to celebrate our marriage. Holy COW. I still won't believe it until we are sitting on that plane together about to take off. We celebrated our first anniversary in Charleston, 2nd anniversary I was pregnant with Knox, 3rd anniversary we had a 4 month old and I had the baby blues with acid reflux and colic to deal with, 4th anniversary I was pregnant with Greer, so we are living it UP for the big 5!

The countdown is ON, my friends!



2 comments:

  1. I am SO happy for you Regan! What a sweet husband to send you away with your sister and keep both kids! I know that you had some very good and DESERVED time away!
    And the Bahamas-get it girl! That is going to be awesome. I can't believe you guys are celebrating 5 years already! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a great weekend away and an even bigger "HECK YEAH" to the upcoming trip!! 2 pregnancies + 2 newborns in less than 2 years = ONE COMPLETELY AWESOME and WELL deserved vacation. I'm happy for you guys and all of the blessings that the Lawson Fam has had in the last 5 years. You guys are awesome...even though I only actually "know" one of you, I know you've got to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete