10.25.2011

Back to Reality...

Lee and I made it back safely from our anniversary travels. To say we had a great time is an understatement. I cannot speak of the amount of food that I annihilated over the past few days. It was all-inclusive, so it was all in Regan's belly. From sun up to sun down. And it was goooood food. I am now pregnant with a food baby...

I will say that I missed the kids way more than I expected. I knew that I would miss them, but I found myself having to mentally make myself stop thinking about them and getting sad. I am so thankful for family sending updates and pictures everyday. It was so nice to not have to worry about Knox and Greer since we knew they were in great hands.

Oh so many funny stories from the trip. We are still laughing about some of the stuff that went down while we were there. We actually got to hang out with a few other couples that we met, so that was pretty cool. We got dressed up a few nights for dinner at different restaurants and we also stayed in bathing suits and ate dinner poolside some nights as well. It was so weird to not have a schedule to follow every day. We just rolled with it and played everything by ear...NICE. I even slept until like 8:15 most mornings. This is huge for me- I am not a late sleeper and can't remember the last time I slept that late. Lee got to play golf... I got a massage... we enjoyed some water sports and beach volleyball... Watched football at the on-site Pub...We did a little dancing... Laid around on rafts in the pool...did some reading and napping in cabanas...ate constantly, etc. It was truly incredible. I feel so refreshed and well rested, and am so thankful for the opportunity to go on this trip. Our anniversary isn't exactly until December 2, but with Lee headed to Japan soon, Thanksgiving, and Christmas...this was the best time for us to go. And it didn't hurt that the rates were a little cheaper :).

I only took a few pictures from my camera. The rest are from my phone. And I mean honestly, are we surprised by this anymore? Who knows why we have an actual camera.

We had just dropped Knox off in Bham and thought it was crazy looking that we had a kid-free backseat!

Dinner in ATL with some of our FAVORITE people, Cathie and Ryan

About to take off

About to land

Exuma Airport. I'm not joking.

Loved this!





Lee quickly changed in to his speedo as soon as we got there...













View from the room





Pics of the kiddos that we were getting from back home



One of my favorites!

Uncle Joey! He has 2 girls, so he and Knox kicked it boy-style a lot while we were gone and watched some football. 



In retrospect, I don't really have that many pictures from the trip. I had to make it a point to take my phone with me to dinner so that we could get some taken together. And they aren't even great quality. Sad. I just really wanted to have a few to remember the trip by. My phone was mainly in the room most of the time, and I will admit that that was nice. Very freeing to not be constantly on the phone or texting or checking emails. Not that I am that important. No one really emails me that much. Mainly my sister :). 

I can't believe we are coming up on 5 years. I will save a sappy post about that until closer to our actual anniversary. Thank you, Lord, for allowing me time with Lee -without kids and work- to just relax and talk and spend time together. I know that without you, none of this would have been possible. 

4 comments:

  1. look at team hot at dinner in the Bahas! Woot woot! Y'all look awesome! LOve seeing the pics of the resort. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First let me get the big jealousy comment out in the open! I'm sooooooo jealous of that trip!!! I'm salivating looking at your camera phone pics- and that says a lot. I'm so happy for you guys and the amazing time you had. The pics of you in the white dress-hello gorgeous! You look like a blushing bride on her honeymoon. Soooo pretty! Glad you guys are back and the carseats are where they belong :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. REGAN! you don't look like you had a bite of food. love reading what you write. makes me laugh every time bc i can just picture you telling the stories. smiling that y'all got that time together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that y'all had a great time! Your pictures look amazing and I find myself in the same spot as Jess-jealous!!! And you look hot girl... you wouldn't even know you had 2 kiddos at home!
    Happy Anniversary-early!

    ReplyDelete