10.17.2011

Thankful

I just dropped Knox off at school and am about to start the crazy packing process for our trip. We leave TOMORROW! So much to do before we leave, but my heart is so thankful for our family memebers that are keeping our kids while we are gone that I wanted to write about it before things get too chaotic around here.

Greer is staying here with my mom and my sister, and Knox will be in Birmingham with Jessica, Lee's sister. When we first started planning this trip, things weren't really lining up easily. The more kids you have, the harder it is to work everything out, that is for sure! Anyways, at one point we decided that we should probably just hold off and wait for a better time to go. My  parents both work full time, and my sister is super busy with her 3. However, my mom (who was still recovering from back surgery) kindly offered to keep Greer even though her back wasn't back to normal. She assured me that she and Mr. Andy -her husband-would take off of work and do what it takes to keep Greer, and that she wasn't letting anything get in the way of Lee and I going off together. THEN...my sweet sister in law insisted that Knox come and stay with her and her family. We weren't too sure at first because we didn't want to overload her since she has 2 girls, but thankfully she wasn't taking no for an answer :). I know Knox is going to have a BIIIIG time hanging out with some of the nicest/funniest/coolest people ever, and he is going to go crazy getting time with sweet Annie and Lily Kate (our nieces). And of course, Robyn...who is like room mom for all of her kids and always on the go. She rocks, too!  Lee and I are both so humbled by their desire to serve us in such a big way. We definitely know that it is A LOT to have someone to keep your kids for so long, so to say we are thankful is an understatement. Not that we deserve it, because we don't necessarily deserve anything, but this will be the first time that Lee and I will be alone and away from the kids since I can remember....definitely the first time since Greer has been born. Yea...I'm a LITTLE excited!

We did, however, receive some sad news about my mom last week. Her back is starting to bother her again, and the doctor said that unfortunately it looks like a more invasive surgery is in her near future. She is having an MRI this afternoon for more details. This really, really hurts my heart because she had a tough recovery from her first one and the last thing she wants to do is go in for another one. Please, please pray for her if you think about it. I would love for God to work a miracle and heal her back completely, or even if it is just a clean MRI result and no surgery...that would be a miracle for sure. She and my sister are splitting time with Greer while we are gone, so that makes me feel a little better. My sweet mom will be working on the days she isn't keeping Greer, so I know she will be exhausted.

Anyways, all this to reiterate that I am oh so thankful for the opportunity to get away with my husband.
Saying "Thank You" doesn't seem like enough (probably because it isn't). You guys are receiving many crowns in heaven for this one...that's for SURE! Haha. We love you SO much!!

Now, we will definitely be missing these 2:

But, I think we will be able to find a way to enjoy ourselves while we are away from them :).

Bahamas....HERE WE COME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment