8.05.2010

This goes down as one of the best nights ever!

Well, most of you already know the awesome news, but I wanted to tell you about the family's reaction...
Tonight was amazing. Knox and I drove straight down from Birmingham and we met everyone at Lulu's for the "reveal" party. We got there a smidge late and everyone was sitting at a huge table DYING to hear the news. Dane recorded it, and we went around and had everyone say what they thought it was. Everyone said boy except for Dane. I wrote on the back of the ultrasound "Lock your daughters up!! Knox and Greer are hitting the streets come January!" and got Abbie and Ashton to read it to everyone. I mean, everyone DIED with excitement. My dad - in true form - jumped up and flexed his muscles. Hilarious. I was so glad that everyone was wanting a boy. Then we ate, played with the kids in the sand, and danced to the live music. It was just an awesome night. I sat back at one point and just let it all sink in...my mom and step dad to my right, dad and step mom to the left, best friend for a sister in front of me with her precious family, step sister and more kiddies next to her. I love it. I love being with them and celebrating important events, and I love that even though there have been hard times in our family and a divorce, they all still come together in harmony and just make it work because they truly love us so much. I am so thankful for that. AND... Of course Foxie was the star of the show and everyone fought over him :). My dad is probably at home right now running laps to get all the excited energy off. And my husband...Christmas just came early for him!
We seriously are so excited. The only thing is that I'm missing out on some cute girl clothes, but who knows what the future holds. Right now all I know is that I got my "Lawson Boys" and I am on cloud 9. Oh, and a shout out to the best sister in law in the world for letting us crash at her house and watching Foxie during the appt. Jessica is really really really amazing and I couldn't ask for a better sister in law. Love that girl!
Greer Bennett Lawson is still scheduled for January. Many peeps have asked about the name. Greer is just something we love, and Bennett is on Lee's side of the family. We will just call him Greer.
I'm exhausted and so I'm off to bed. Here is a snap of Foxie celebrating the good news at Lulu's!!! Love that baby :).






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so excited for you guys. The Lawson boys is so cute and fun to say! And what a fun way to reveal the news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I can tell you are super excited. We are missing out on cute girl clothes, that's true. Question: did you and Knox drive down or you and Lee?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO exciting Regan!! I'm so happy for you and Lee-another little Lawson boy! What a great way to celebrate the big news too at Lulu's. Hope you're feeling better these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you will be the hot mom that the lawson boy's friends talk about it...hey now!! so happy for you guys. I'm sure you're house will be FILLED with a ton of fun and competitive games of all kinds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. no you are really really really amazing!
    We had so much fun with you and Knox! I miss him so much! Next Saturday is too far away.
    I am bringing LK's clothes and all her important documents and she will be so happy to return to Fairhope with y'all :).

    ReplyDelete