9.09.2010

I really hope this baby comes out a girl...

Because I've been having a little too much fun on the "pink" side of life lately :). As my mother in law stated, we are all shopping and planning for a "Girlie" Greer, so a boy Greer would be very disappointed in the clothes and bedding we have picked out for him! Here are a few things that bring a smile to my face...things that I was never able to purchase with Foxie.



Yes, I realize that it will be a long time before Greer will wear a bow, but I just couldn't resist.

I have some news to report about Knox and MDO. He is really enjoying it and doing well, and it has really freed me up a little to have some "me" time. Lee and I LOVE his teacher and are very impressed with the program. However, when I picked up Foxie on Tuesday, the teacher told me that there was an "incident." I immediately thought Knox had done something really bad, but it turns out that there is a biter in his class, and he got a hold of my little guy :(. So sad! However, I really think that I am just glad that Knox wasn't the one that was doing the biting. He hasn't bitten anyone yet, but I hear it's a common thing around this age. His teacher said that all the teachers took turns loving on him and holding him and put an ice pack to his hand, and that he didn't cry for too long. She told me that I was MORE than welcome to talk to the Administrator, but I chose not to. He's tough and I am sure that things like this will happen again in his life. But...I will say that when she showed me his hand, my heart sank. There were bright red teeth marks on his chunky little hand, and the skin had even broken on one spot. I tell you what, nothing makes your "Mama Bear" come out like seeing your child hurt. It really is OK, though. Again, I'm just glad he wasn't the one biting (and I'm praying that he never does, but who knows?). We went straight to the bay house after I picked him up and we sat on the wharf and had snacks together. That cheered him right up. Food always does the trick with him :). I asked if he had done something to the child to make him mad (still fearing that my child was in the wrong...aren't I horrible?), and Mrs. Sonya said no. She said he was really a sweet one and didn't do anything to make the child mad. Again, instant relief. I love my child, but he is all boy and I wouldn't doubt if he found himself in some mischief. He keeps me on my toes constantly around here.
As you already know, my mom and sister are my best friends so they heard about the incident within about 2 minutes of departure and they were so sad. My nieces called after they got out of school to "check" on Knox. Ha! And don't doubt for a second that when Wawa found out, she had some choice words to say! That 87 year old lady is too much!
SO...that's the story of our first school incident. I totally know it's not a big deal, but it's no fun to see your child with a bo bo. On the way to school this morning I was praying for him before I dropped him off that he would have a great day, an obedient spirit, play sweet with all the children, and not pick up on any new chomping maneuvers :).


5 comments:

  1. Sooo sad! Anna Lee has gotten bitten before too and you're right- that momma bear instinct definitely comes out the instant you see that pitiful little mark. Hopefully he'll take note of the biter and keep his distance from the little carnivore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and my lip quivered and I choked up and started crying while telling Pops that someone bit my precious grandson in MDO :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Knox! I feel so bad for him! I definitely understand too the momma bear instinct. When someone picks on Jeremiah I am about ready to fight! And I wish I could have heard WaWa! That would have been hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh just wait, he'll beat the crap out of someone on the playground (or in the ChikFilA play area like Lily Kate did 2 weeks ago...i'm not joking) and you will be glad you didn't go knock that baby biter out. Just kidding, Knox is my preciousness and i know he will never hurt anyone. Just don't let Lily Kate show him her WWF moves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and super cute bows and diaper covers and cap! Ok i am confused. I thought you didn't like pink and girlie stuff? I have no clue what to get Greer? Are you riding the fence? Are you starting to come over to the other side (the "i put my girl in pink side"? :) LOve ya!

    ReplyDelete