9.27.2010

Jack-Pot!

This will be a quick post with few words, so don't worry! Just wanted to post some updates with Greer's room. I didn't think it would be this soon that we would start getting furniture, but some of my sister's friends-well, I guess they are kind of my friends, too-told me about this AH-MAZING antique furniture store in Grand Bay (yes, Grand Bay :)) for super duper great prices. They warned us that it was a little "shabby" - but all good antiques come from shabby places, right? Here is what the building, a.k.a. shed, looked like:


We drove an hour to get to this place, so I was thinking that we might have wasted a trip at first. But then we went inside and I fell in love. With everything. I was wanting kitchen tables and china cabinets before we left :). Here is the short dresser that we got for Greer, which will also be used as a changing table since the mirror detaches (please excuse the terrible angles, but there are toys ALL over the floor and I had to squeeze in to get some pictures):


And here is the tall dresser, minus the rest of the pulls that are on their way. I can't decide if I want to paint all the pulls white or leave them dark??



We got that window pane that's hanging over it as well. I think I will put some pictures and verses in the individual panes.
And lastly, here is a random mirror that we liked that we will be putting in the guest bathroom:


You would fall out if you knew how great these prices were, so if you are ever in Grand Bay and need some furniture, you should stop in!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You did hit the jackpot!!! I love how EVERYTHING is shabby chic - very, very cute!! I wish when I clicked on the picture that it enlarged it - I bet its all even more beautiful the closer you get to it. Oh, and my vote is to keep the darker handles - I think it adds a lot of character to the pieces.

    ReplyDelete