9.14.2010

So Far...


Well, I promised a special certain someone that I would post a picture of Greer's bedding tonight, so wha-la!


This is big for me because I hate to "reveal" things that aren't finished, and let me tell you that her room is nowhere near finished. Heck, I have barely started. BUT...Her room is still partially Knox's playroom and it will be a while before we make it completely hers, so I figured that I would post in phases. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the colors are green, yellow, blue, and brown. I searched for girl bedding for a while before we knew the sex and I seriously did not see anything that I liked. When we found out it was a "boy", we were shopping at Storkland and saw this bedding. I remembered telling Lee that if we would have had a girl, this would have been the perfect bedding for me (and by me, I mean Greer :)). So, we went on our merry way shopping for what we thought was boy Greer, and well...you know the rest of the story. Once we found out it was a girlie Greer, I immediately remembered this bedding and Lee was kind enough to pick it up for me while he was in Montgomery. Score.

And naturally, I have taken on an art project that is consuming me. I'm OK with it, though, because I really do love doing this kind of stuff and I feel like I rarely have time for it anymore. This will probably take me quite a while to finish, so again...I will cheat and post in phases. I feel like I have done a lot of canvas art lately so I wanted to switch it up a little. I decided to go the wood route. Do you ever have an idea of what you want in your mind but you can't find anything like it anywhere? That's definitely the story of my life. I sometimes try to explain to Lee and sister what I want and they look at me like they have no clue what I am talking about. Therefore, I marched my pregnant behind on up to Lowes and shopped around in the lumber section for a while. Got a nice man to help me take measurements and cut all the boards. Since then, I have been working my tail off in the garage painting, distressing, sanding, etc., while Knox is either at MDO or napping. Let me tell ya, turning regular wood into distressed wood = not so easy. I know I look hysterical to our neighbors as I sand as hard as I can with my nasty, sweaty, pregnant self, and looking lovely while I do it I'm sure. I have only finished one letter, but the end result will be her first name.

This picture was taken from my phone while showing sister the progression, so it isn't great and it cut off the bottom half of the wood, but you get the idea. I'm too lazy to go out there and retake. The letters are dark brown right now, but I think I might paint them a shade of green to match the bedding, and then I plan to hang them by thick chocolate and white polka dot ribbon that matches the crib sheet. Hopefully I will be able to get it finished by January 28th...

And lastly, over her changing table (that we don't have quite yet), I really want to use the verse 1 Timothy 4:12-
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."
That verse really just pulls at my heart ever since the first time I read it. I want to put it somewhere in Knox's room, too. It is definitely our prayer for all of our children, and I love that it mentions purity. It might be one of my all time favorite verses as a parent.

So...thats the scoop with Baby Greer's nursery. Not too far along, but getting there one step at a time. Luckily, I have a little while before she gets here. I will post more as we go along.

I am off to bed. My friend Brady is delivering her twin boys tomorrow and I want a front row seat in all the action! OK, thats gross. Not really front row, but I do want to be there early enough to experience their sweet family growing from 3 to FIVE!!!!!!!!

Nightie night!

5 comments:

  1. I love it all!! VERY creative and different. Miss Greer is going to be a little trendsetter, I can feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I didn't think you would deliver so quickly, but I looove the bedding! I saw it at Storkland and loved it too!

    I can't wait to see how it all comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! Vintage and Chic! Definitely something she can grow with! You better get ready to take some orders. I am starting you an Etsy shop tomorrow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bedding and the letters-super duper CREATIVE of you. Oh and I love HER name if I haven't already told you! My new Wednesday night bible study teacher reminds me so much of you-you would really like her. Thought about that the whole time last night! Miss y'all! Coming to Bham anytime soon? Do not pass me by if you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her name is going to look great on the wall! I wish I were that creative. Can't wait to see the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete