12.17.2010

34 week update

First of all, I am having some issues with the "going private" move. I have had quite a few people tell me that they are unable to read the blog, even though I added their email address. I have been going back and forth trying to fix it, and well, you know me...computer savvy and all. I can't seem to get it working correctly, so until I do I guess we will keep the blog open. AND...I managed to mess up the background/layout situation, but I am too tired to try and fix it. SO...I guess you will just have to "pardon my progress" for the time being.

I went to the doctor yesterday for my 34 week appointment. Looks like G-baby (Lee's nickname for her, and I must admit...it's kind of sticking) has definitely dropped...way low. Dr. Shoemaker said that he was going to check me and if I was dilated I was on strict bed rest. Thankfully, I am not progressing with dilation or effacement at this point. By the way, my oh my how I have NOT missed getting checked. I completely forgot how "fun" that was. Anyways, he asked me to take it slow and get lots of rest. Is anyone laughing at that along with me? I can see it now...me on the couch eating bon-bons with my feet kicked up while Foxie rules the house. Absolutely do-able. Oh wait...opposite day. There is absolutely no way I can lay around with my feet propped up all day. I have gotten in the habit of napping when he naps and laying on the couch as soon as he goes down around 7, so that's helping. Here's to resting when I can!

My sweet friends from church/small group are throwing me a a little shower tomorrow, and here is a story that I couldn't possibly make up. I am running out of clothes that are comfortable and somewhat cute these days, and I certainly can't keep up with the weather change. I never know what the temperature will be. Anyways, I went looking for some shoes to wear to the shower last night, and got completely humiliated in the process. I was walking up and down the isles and I could feel this woman constantly looking at me. So when it came time for me to pass her, here is how the conversation went:

Stranger: " I saw you from behind from across the room and I thought to myself-what a sweet little high school girl. And then you turned around and SCARED me with your belly! It literally made me do a double take and almost took my breath away. Are you past your due date?"

Me: "No ma'am. I have 6 weeks left."

Her mouth fell to the floor and her eyes got as big as basketballs. She then proceeded to tell me that she felt sorry for me.

I mean, seriously. There are just things that you absolutely do not say to people. I half wanted to ask her where her manners were. I haven't stopped thinking about it since I left the store and drove home last night. If you need me for the next 6 weeks, I will be hiding out in the privacy of my own home...

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I can see your blog! I feel you, Regan! Why are people so crazy? I'm sure you look beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booooooo on people with no filter. I wonder what she would have said if you'd asked her where were her manners. That would have been hilarious! I'm sure you look precious! And hey, at least you still look young! :)

    ReplyDelete