12.14.2010

A little bit of this... and a little bit of that...

Right now I am laid up on the couch while Lee is running to get me chocolate pie. Nice. I am sure the scale will thank me when I visit him on Thursday. I do believe I might start stepping on backwards. I will be 34 weeks on Thursday, and I honestly do not know how I am going to make it 6 more weeks. I don't know if I am so uncomfortable because I am constantly chasing Knox or what, but I remember LOVING being pregnant the first time and being happy to "show". This time...not so much. I caught myself trying to SUCK IN MY BELLY a little  bit the other day when I ran in to an old friend. Really? Suck in? Ridiculous. Something tells me she still noticed I was pregnant...

SO...I have slowed down a TON. I am usually in the horizontal position laying beside Lee on the couch as soon as Knox goes down. I feel like there has been so much to blog about, but my eye lids defeat me and I would rather sleep than update the blog. Has anyone ever felt their baby "drop" at the end of their pregnancy? I remember very vividly feeling it with Knox, and he was born about 2 weeks later. Well, I am pretty certain that Greer dropped today. The same exact feeling, tons of pressure, and even more uncomfortable. In fact, a friend that I go to church with told me today that my belly looked a lot lower than usual. Normally, this would be exciting news, but since I am only at 34 weeks, I am thinking that this is not great news. As much as I want her out, she needs to stay in there for a little bit longer. All that to say, please keep that in your prayers.

I know that no one really likes to read blogs...they prefer to see pictures. I will have a few random ones that I will post. Nothing of crazy importance. We went to see Santa at Bass Pro the other night. You might have heard...literally. The screams were quite shrilling and it ended with mommy being in the picture. NOT what I was hoping for. I avoid cameras at all costs these days :). I do have to tell this funny story. Brady (my friend with the 3 month old twins and 19th month old boy) and I went together with all the boys to Bass Pro. Please get this visual. Our husbands are meeting us up there since we were going right when they got off work. It's freezing outside. Brady unloads the twins into the double stroller and all of their bags and blankets. I am carrying Knox...super pregnant looking...and am walking and holding Sanders hand at the same time. We are trying to rush and get all the boys inside since it's so cold, and we are solo because our husbands are parking. Sanders trips on the curb, Knox is slipping from my grip, and the diaper bag is falling off my shoulder. Brady is ahead of my pushing the monster stroller. People are literally staring. One man even stopped and offered to help us. Haha. He probably wanted to tell us to quit reproducing! I am sure we looked like a circus with all the kids. Anyways, there was a 2 and a half hour wait. I can't talk about it. We need more than one Santa on the Eastern Shore!


In other news, while the hubs went to the SEC championship game, I was at home with this guy who decided to get the stomach virus that Friday night.

We spent a lot of time in the tub since it was a "safe place". I tell you what...I don't know how single moms do it. Between changing sheets, doing laundry, holding the baby, and cleaning up throw up...2 hands simply isn't enough. Lee was at the game that weekend hosting clients, so it was work related, but bless his heart he felt terrible that he wasn't here. There is nothing sadder than your child being sick and puny. He laid on me the ENTIRE day on Saturday. I loved the cuddle, but I couldn't enjoy it because I knew it was only because he felt terrible. By the way, I would rather eat bugs off the floor than smell and clean up throw up. I'm just sayin'...

(And as a side note, Lee got to hang out with people like Jason Bateman-from the Break Up-while I nursed our child back to health - sacrifices.:))


Lately we have really been working on and dealing with mealtime with Knox. He seems to usually do OK if we are at home, but man oh man does he not do a good job in public. Yikes. He does NOT want to stay in his highchair AT ALL. It can be so frustrating! I had a long talk with his pediatrician about this as well as temper tantrums. Yes, Knox has started the tantrum phase...at a ripe ole age of 17 months. He gave me some great advice about just full out ignoring them and walking out of the room when they occur. Well, he had one this morning and he wailed for about 30minutes. I could tell he was just wanting my attention...which is what the doctor said he wanted, whether it be good or bad attention. It was more like a fake cry for a while. Once he stopped I opened the door and praised him for stopping. He smiled really big and we continued to play like the tantrum had never happened. Well, he started to have another one tonight and as soon as I disappeared from the room he only continued to cry for like a minute. Once he realized that I would cut off all communication with him if he continued, he stopped. In the past, I would try to cheer him up with a toy or hold him or try to soothe him, which only made the situation worse. It isn't fun dealing with this at  17 months, but hopefully we can handle it now and nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand.  Since I have an education degree and taught elementary school for 5 years, I never in my life imagined that MY child would be one that threw a tantrum ( insert sarcasm). Oh my how the Lord continues to humble me with each and every passing day. God is definitely showing me that I simply cannot control everything. I haven't fully grasped it yet, but He shows me constantly. I can honestly tell you that I once believed that I would never have to deal with things like this because I knew how to "discipline". I never understood why other kids would freak out in grocery stores, in highchairs at restaurants, etc. Now I look at the parents with such compassion...because I know I am right there with them at times...eating my huge serving of humble pie.

My sister gave us the little table and chair set that the girls use to play with. Knox would rather push all the chairs in and out 100 times a day, but every now and then he will sit for a second and color, "read" a book, or have a bite of yogurt :)



Sister also passed down this spinner-thing that he loves. So what if he cheats at times and pushes himself with his foot...



And...the only time he takes a break from running around the house is when he stops to take a gander at "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"...


That's about it for now. I have been really trying to finish Greer's room, but finding time is a little more difficult these days. I will say that I have officially washed and organized all of her clothes, and if you remember that post of all the bags my sister gave me (which was only up to about 12 months!), then you would know how much of an accomplishment that is. Just a few more things to complete, then I will have some pics to post.

Sorry for the length!




3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how I needed to hear that I don't have the only difficult child right now. Last week Anna Lee threw her first "tantrum". Like ol' girl laid down in the floor and lost it. I just stood there in amazement. I had no idea what to do. She wanted my drink and I wouldn't give it to her and she HATED it. Yesterday her teachers said she threw several fits. How can this be happening at 14 months????!!! I'm definitely going to try the cold shoulder thing next time she does it. Hopefully we'll have the same results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree that ignoring the tantrums is a good tip. I'll have to remember that next time. It's just bad when it's in public and people are staring you down while they're pitching fits!! I could talk your face off about the issues we had/still have w/taking hayes to restaurants. It was crazy and it was really embarassing going out to eat w/people who don't have kids-it's getting a little better now though b/c we've left the highchair days behind and now she sits in a big chair at the table. Why do those buckles on the highchairs in restaurants never work anyway?! I made an "out to eat" activity bucket and filled it w/junk from the dollar tree-and kept it in the car and only brought it out when we went to restaurants so she wouldn't get bored w/it. I have to say it was helpful and still is. I change the stuff out whenever I can get to the $ tree to get more junk-stickers, etc-she loves all that stuff. Good luck!! Miss you lots but loving keeping up through the blog. sorry this is long I should have just sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the same way about my 2nd pregnancy! I definitely didn't "enjoy" getting huge and i was soooo uncomfortable. I think it definitely has something to do with chasing after the 1st child. Especially if that 1st child is a boy!!! Oh they are wild.
    Hang in there! Not much longer :)

    ReplyDelete