6.06.2011

5 months

G-girl turned 5 months yesterday. I am actually a little sad to type this post. I feel like I don't have a baby anymore. I know that's not the truth, but I definitely don't have a newborn anymore and that makes me really really sad. BUT...the good news is that she is healthy and wonderful, so we have a lot to be thankful for!
I only spent about 2 seconds getting pictures. It was a little hectic and she was tired, as you can tell in the pictures. I know if I put it off and try to take pictures later I won't ever get around to it, so I might as well document what I have!

The only pic that I have of her looking at the camera
 Once we brought the rattle in, all eye contact was over



And when I tried to change locations, it was complete game over...nap time.
 

Man, oh man, does she look like her daddy :)



G-girl, at 5 months you...

* Are still a super sweet baby
* smile through the majority of every feeding
* sleep from 7:30 to 7:30
* just started rolling like crazy, and it sort of ticks you off. In fact, mommy and daddy have actually         tried to prevent it as much as possible. We actually DON'T want you to be mobile just yet!
* have the cutest squeal and talk ALL day long
* Love watching Knox and being close to him
* grab your toes
* blow bubbles
* get really really mad when you have a stinky diaper
* do NOT like to be hot
* are very interested in everything that dangles from your exersaucer
* still have very little hair
* love to hold things and put them to your mouth
* will go to anyone (big difference from Foxie!)
* have brown hair and blue eyes
* prefer to sleep on your tummy
* are so calm and incredibly gentle. I just re-read Knox's 5 month post, and I can't believe you 2 are 
   related! I hope this doesn't hurt your feelings, but I hope you wait a while before you crawl and 
   walk. Mommy will definitely have her hands full when that time comes!
* Look just like your daddy! 


And lastly, here you are again beside your brother when he was 5 months old. You guys don't favor each other as much as you once did (at least, to me you don't). 

                                                                   

We love you sweet girl, and are so thankful for the sweet blessing that you are to this family!

Oh, and an added bonus: My sweet friend Christie and her husband came through town this weekend. They live in Mississippi now, but when they lived in Daphne I think we spent every waking moment together. I was so sad when they moved! However, when they visited this time they had their precious baby Hayes with them. He was so so so cute! Both babies were headed down for a nap so we were only able to get this one picture, but I am so glad that I got it (she's holding G and I've got sweet Hayes)!

Love and miss you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 5 months! Wow-I don't think I had realized how much she had grown until I saw the picture of her in the bouncy seat! And I agree... I don't think her and Knox favor in that 5 month comparison.
    She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete