6.18.2011

Missing Daddy

Welp, the ole' hubs is in France for the Air Show for the week, but it's all good because 2 little lucky kiddies and I are in Fairhope, Alabama for the week, and well...that's SO much better than Paris :). Sike your mind. We are on day 2 of yet another solo parenting excursion, and so far so good. I won't lie, there are a lot of things in life that I'm like "O.K., God, I don't understand this or that," but one thing I know for sure is that the Lord has us living where we live right now so that I can be close to my family. Their service to me and my family is so much more appreciated than words can explain!

I am always sad when Lee leaves. Always. However, I was way more sad than usual when he left Friday. Of course it would be nice to have the extra help with the kids, but really I just miss my husband when he's gone. BUT...I know that God is good ALL the time, and He will give me all the strength I need to survive. Thankfully, he has given me the Haygoods for the past couple of days :). Day 1 was filled with tons of backyard time with 3 of the cutest and sweetest girls I know. These  girls cater to Knox Lawson when they are around, so needless to say... he was in hog heaven. We introduced the Buzz and Woody slip-n-slide to him yesterday. Hilarious. He was timid at first, but after watching the girls AND his 30 year old mommy sprint towards the plastic and scream all the way down, he warmed up quickly. He couldn't quite make it to the end, so he was able to lobby a little extra help from the crowd:


I have about 50 pictures of them going down this thing, but I will spare you and only post 1. I'm not sure who had more fun...Knox or the girls. They took turns dragging him down and catching him. He was a good sport and let them have their fun with him :)
After they got tired of that, Abbie decided it would be fun to put the sprinkler under the trampoline and let the water spray them from underneath, but Foxie wasn't sold on it. He decided to be a spectator:


My sister and dad (and the girls) came back after nap time and brought dinner to cheer me up. It was so nice to have them here with me. I can only imagine how lonely it would be if they weren't here! Thanks, guys! 

Today was day 2, and we decided to have a "sitter," a.k.a. Ashton, come over and play with Knox while I did some things around the house.


 I took them to pick up chic fil a after Greer's nap and we went to have a picnic in the park. Wouldn't you know that Ashton lost her front tooth while eating lunch and SWALLOWED it?!?!?!? Isn't that crazy? I reassured her that the tooth fairy would definitely come whether she had the tooth under her pillow or not, and she was very comforted by that. I don't want to rush my kids into growing up, but it's so fun to have real conversations with the girls. I can't wait for the day to come when I can talk to Knox and Greer like that. They are such sponges, soaking in every little thing. Makes me realize how much of an impact we have on our kiddos. 

Knox has really gotten to understand how to use my phone. He can take it, unlock it, and go straight to his little toddler games. It's nice when we are in grocery stores, but it's a little scary how well he can use it. I downloaded some new shapes games and made the mistake of showing him last night. I laid Greer down beside him to read storied and say prayers, and little man did not want to give the phone up. I think it hurt Greer feelings :). She even looks like she is trying to bite him in one picture!:








Tomorrow we are headed to my mom's house. She had back surgery last week and is still in the  recuperating stages, so hopefully we can take them lunch and bring them some merriment!

No comments:

Post a Comment