6.26.2011

Quick Trip

Lee got back in town from France on Wednesday, so we decided to pack up the kiddos and head to Florida for some family and beach time. It was a random pick, but it ended up being a fun one. I am so thankful that Lee is loves to take spontaneous family trips. Sometimes I wonder if ALL the packing is worth it for just a couple of days, but then I remember the memories that we are making with the kids and it is definitely worth shoving all the gear in to the back of the car.

Windows down and giving some shout-outs to all the beach bound people...


We used Lee's Marriott points to book a room since, well, we all know that he accumulates them by the thousands since he travels so much. They ended up giving us a suite with 2 bedrooms, a living room, and a kitchen. That made all the sleeping arrangements and bottle making and breakfast feedings a bliss!


 This little one is loving her toes these days :)



 Calling his peeps to let them know he arrived safely

 And then the teenager scoped the channels for a little Buzz Light year. He was over it when he couldn't find any Toy Story on...

Staking claim on his room


We ate at a really good place called "Peg Leg Petes" the first night we were there.  They Had live music and a play area for the kids, so that was nice. Always love it when we can easily entertain the little red.


Arrrg!

We woke up the next morning and I realized that I left Greer's tub at the house. Sorry, G-girl...


Lee took Knox to the airplane and jet museum while I showered and Greer napped. Lee said he had a blast. He loves airplanes, so I can only imagine how much fun he had!





When they got back G-girl and I were ready and waiting to go have some fun!


We ended up going to an amusement/water park that afternoon, and holy COW did it end up being a good time. You had to be 36 inches to ride most of the rides, and don't doubt Foxie made the cut. He even got to ride go-karts! I was super nervous about it at first, but Lee promised to go really slow and stay on the outside. 

Knox was all business. He gripped the steering wheel the entire time and looked ahead with the most serious face. Hilarious.


 Choo-Choo!


 I can't wait to see G-girl riding with her big brother one day soon...

 Come on. You didn't think I was going to let Lee have all the fun, did you? I am soaking wet from water bumper boats in this picture. Had to ride so that I could dry out a little...

We had a blast and came home wayyyyyy past bedtime. Knox was wound up, so he and Lee had a little wrestle mania before bedtime.



It was a great weekend. One that I will remember for a long time (and even after that, thanks to the documentation on the blog :)). I love taking trips, but there's nothing like laying your kids down in their own beds. We are back safe and sound... with 2 precious babies sound asleep in their rooms! Thankful to have sweet time with my family this weekend...

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Lee is back! I prayed for you several times last week. Y'all seem to pop in my mind alot. Your trip looked so, so fun. Knox is hilarious in the go-cart pics-so serious!! Glad they both did so well for you away from home. Good times and fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughed so much at these pictures! Knox is so big boy using the remote! He will have to coach LK!
    And LOVED the serious race car face on Knox. Was he scared of Lee with the pirate patch?
    And Breezy hearts Greer! Uhhh, i can't get over her! Misses much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate we missed you this weekend but am so thankful you had a fun mini-vacation with your sweet family. Please, please come visit soon! :)

    ReplyDelete