5.30.2010

Here we grow again...

Whatever you are thinking about this title, IT'S TRUE! It looks like the Lawson clan will be a family of FOUR come this January!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I am actually posting this, but if you know me then you pretty much know that I am an open book and don't mind sharing the news early. A big reason for that is the fact that I know that the power of prayer is tremendous, and boy do we need some prayer these days :).
Let me first go ahead and tell you that this was a bit of a surprise. Yes, I am obsessed with babies and with pregnant people and we definitely desired to have the kids close in age. However, Lee and I just had a talk last month about how happy and content we were with where we are in life, and how nice it was to be able to spend time with Knox and watch him grow. We then decided to wait a little bit after his birthday, and once we got back from some trips that we have on the calendar to start trying for a second. Well, Sike your mind because the Lord said that He had some different plans for us...
We went to New Orleans last weekend to visit the zoo (which was AWESOME, by the way. pics to come), and once we got back my friend was telling me that she was starting to get her monthly cramps (sorry if that's TMI). It wasn't until an hour later that I thought about MY monthly cramps and wondered why I hadn't had any. I went and checked the calendar and realized that I was SIX days late. Nice. I immediately went and bought a test. Well, 2 more tests later and a total of 3 bright positive results, I cried for a bit Monday afternoon and then sucked it up and packed Knox in the car and went and bought a ton of pink and blue balloons to surprise Lee when he got home. I drew question marks on all of them as well as baby names that we have talked about all along and tied them to Knox's highchair and put Knox in it when Lee came home. He walked in and just paused. He didn't understand at first. he thought that Knox had hit a milestone, like walked or something, and I was trying to celebrate that. He then read the stuff I wrote on the balloons and said, "Are we pregnant??!!" I said yes and he just ran to me, hugged me, and cried! I think I have seen Lee tear up ONCE in our marriage. He didn't even cry when we got pregnant with Knox. He has been elated ever since. Sometimes I ask him, "Do you understand whats about to happen to us in 8 months? Good-bye awesome sleep schedule and routine we have spent 10 month perfecting!" I tease, but his reaction to this has been really good for me and it's kept me from not freaking out and being overwhelmed with anxiety.
All I keep hearing in my head is "acid reflux" and "colic", as well as "you can't take care of two babies that small." I know that these thoughts aren't from the Lord and that I am believing lies, but I am still struggling a little with it. I am definitely feeling extremely nervous and scared, but I know that God is good and he has really blessed us and will carry us through.
If you think about it, please pray for our doctor's appointment. We don't go for 2 more weeks, and I remember how hard it was to wait so long with Knox to hear that reassuring heartbeat. In the meantime, I am trying to refresh my memory on all the do's and don'ts of pregnancy, as well as try to remain calm and truly trust God for his promise that His ways are always higher than ours. Thank you, Lord, for this amazing gift you have given us and for entrusting us with yet another child to -prayerfully-grow in Your image!
Hope this little guy is getting prepped for big brother-hood :)

6 comments:

  1. Congrats to all! Such a cute family. May God's grace equip you for whatever comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAHHHHH! Congratulations! How exciting. That is great Regan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!!!! Foxie Knoxie is going to be such a great big brother! I am so excited for you guys. Praying for your doc appt!
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. REGAN!! I am SO SUPER DUPER EXCITED for y'all!! I just knew this was coming soon!! Congratulation-sooo happy for your new family of 4. Left you a message on your cell this morning when I first read this b/c I was too excited to get my thoughts together enough to write a comment!! Call me when you have a chance. lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!!!! Pregnancy looks so good on you!! You'll be an excellent mommy of 2-no matter how close in age they are. So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you will totally be awesome with 2 and the 2nd starts sleeping better earlier because you already know what to do!

    ReplyDelete