10.11.2010

Overwhelmed

We woke up this morning with great anticipation of some fall like weather (I don't know why...it was 85 + degrees this weekend), so I fed Knox breakfast and threw some play clothes on him so we could go out and explore.
Much to our sadness, we quickly realized that we might have jumped the gun on pulling up his hat. Oh well, at least he got to kick it gangsta style for a few minutes.

We then moved on to playing with our "bike" in the driveway (thanks to Cha Cha)...
BUT...when he realized he couldn't really pedal too well on his own, he was over it. SO...I tried to entertain him with some silly string left over from the Fall Festival this weekend.He didn't like it NEARLY as much as I did :). I know, I'm evil. He loves holding the can and pretending like he is spraying it (his little finger can't do it by itself), but he does not like to be sprayed with it!

After that I decided that we needed to get out and go somewhere since it was so pretty outside, so we packed the wagon up in the Pilot and went down to the Fairhope Pier. What a gorgeous day! I'm so glad we decided to get out. Let me just say that it is a LONG walk to the end of the pier, and I am so glad that the wagon made the trip. Preggers over here would have passed out carrying my "Umpa-Lumpa" chunky child the entire way down.

I think my man already has a passion for boats...


He asked me to take a pic of him in front of it and show it to his father, just in case he needed some Christmas ideas...
I took it, but I quickly told him that I would run it by Lee and it was probably either going to be the boat for Christmas OR keeping him fed and clothed for the next 18-20 years- that..plus his college tuition. As you can see, he had quite the sticker shock...

We got all the way down to the end and he was very happy that I freed him from the wagon. This baby (I know, toddler, but I want to keep calling him baby as long as I can, so I am going to do so...) LOVES water. Of any kinds. Thank goodness for the rails.
I love this next picture because I asked him to turn around and say "Cheese" for a picture for daddy, and when he did sort of smiled like he was an embarrassed teenager, just wanting to get it over with! It's also sort of a Lee face. So grownie...

On the way back, big girl over here got a little warm and so I made Foxie do some work and push the wagon a little...

We stopped at the half-way point in the shade for a minute and took a breather (Don't judge me. I'm telling you, it's a LOOOOONG pier.)

After that we hit the mini-beach that was beside the pier. I believe this was his favorite part. He loved loved getting his little feet wet...

And the mini-waves...

And just watching the light reflect off the beautiful water.

Here is my favorite one of the morning...

I wish I would have though to pack lunch so we could have eaten right there at the park, but I didn't plan that far ahead :(.


And lastly I have captured what happens most at our house...Foxie trying to get me to chase him.



I have been thinking about how overwhelmed I am this morning by God's love, creation, and His grace. I never in a MILLION years would have thought I had the "chance" to become a Christian and have an unconditional relationship with a God who adores me...and because of that relationship I get to spend eternity with Him. Not because of anything I have done...because I can guarantee that I have pretty much done it all wrong...but only because of His sacrifice, His grace, and His love for me that I nowhere near deserve. On top of that, I am married to probably the sweetest man on the face of the Earth who gives me a glimpse of Christ's unconditional love daily. Again, something I don't deserve, and definitely something that I am not use to. THEN...God chose us to be parents to the most precious little red headed boy that I have ever laid eyes on. Every day that I get to spend with him, I really can't believe we have been entrusted with him. I can't put in to words how thankful I am to be able to stay home with him now. For as long as I can remember, I have worked. Starting at the age of 15, I ALWAYS had a job. Through high school and college. I am not complaining about this. I definitely learned a ton of responsibility through it all, as well as the value of a penny, but there were definitely times when I would have rather hung out with my friends, gone to an event, studied a little more, NOT missed an intramural game, etc. I can remember envying my sorority sisters so much for being able to come home from class and just do whatever they wanted while I ran through the chapter room saying hello while stuffing a sandwich in my face so I could get to work on time :). Therefore, it is such a special thing for me to be here everyday with him and watch him grow and learn with each passing moment. I am not crazy enough to think that I will never have to go back to work. The Lord definitely allows us to go through seasons in out lives, and only He knows our future, so I am more than grateful for this time with Knox. AND NOW, the Lord has given me a healthy pregnancy thus far with a little girl. A daughter. While it scares the ever-living I-don't-know-what out of me, it humbles me to my core.
I know that these things I have talked about are really God's, not mine, and I pray that I always honor and remember that.
Thank you, Father, for a life that you have abundantly given me. I am so sorry for all the times that I have doubted you and felt like things should have gone "my way". You have given me more than I could have ever hope or imagined, and I pray that I would never take it for granted. May I always be satisfied in You alone.



1 comment:

  1. ok
    A. i am loving that Knox is finally wearing play clothes(which are so cute) Yah for Lee breaking out of his preppy clothes prison! and B. i laughed so hard because Annie just can now pedal on that same tricycle. Knox is gonna be riding a bike before Annie! HAHA
    C. Knox really should be an oompa loompa for Halloween because of his hair! I have the costume! No joke! Call me! (i'm sending you a picture via email)

    ReplyDelete