1.19.2011

2 under 2, and 2 weeks in!

Hello blogging world! While I feel like it has been a bit since I last posted, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone else's posts :). Thank you for entertaining this girl while I continue my sentence of newborn house arrest. I am going to need everyone to keep the blogging pace at a maximum for my sanity :).

Welp, we are 2 weeks in the newborn stage..and I definitely now have 2 kids under 2 years of age. What?? I really don't know a better way to talk about it other than to make it a topical approach. SO..I am just going to address some of the questions that are asked most frequently...

How is Greer sleeping?
So far, so good! Her last feeding is at 10 pm right now, and on most nights she sleeps until about 3:30 ish and wakes for another feeding. She is not too demanding with her nursing, so it only takes about 20 minutes and then she is back down until I wake her in the morning. She woke up 2 times the other night and I thought I was going to lose my mind because I was "sleep deprived." If you know me well, then you know that sleep is something that I need. No, I don't like to lay around and sleep all day. Heck, I usually can't even sleep past 7, but I definitely go to bed a little earlier to ensure that I get my 8 hours. SO...the sleeping habits she is portraying thus far are a huge answered prayer. Huge. I am praising God with almost every breath because I know how crazy I can get without sleep. She sleeps in a bassinet in our room right now and it has worked out well so far...


How is Greer eating?
This one is a bit trickier. She is not too much of an eater. I am not sure if it's because she is technically considered a premature baby or what, but she doesn't nurse for too long and isn't very demanding about it. In fact, I am pumping in between feedings in order to keep my supply up. Thankfully, pumping is going well. She eats every 3 hours during the day, and sometimes getting her to stay awake can be a challenge. We go to the doctor tomorrow for a checkup, so I am interested in seeing what her weight is. I so wish you could see this little girls legs! Oh my word. I am not use to skinny babies, and her little chicken legs are too much! ANd those suckers are LONG (wonder where she gets that from?). I am ready to see some rolls on them. I LOVE  baby rolls...they are the best!

How is Knox adjusting?
Honestly...as apprehensive as I am and overwhelmed as I feel at times, Knox has been pretty good. Today was probably the first day that he paid attention to her for more than 5 seconds. It was really cute. Robyn and Brady were here, and he was kissing her on the head for the first time. I think he just liked the fact that we were clapping for him afterwards, so he kept doing it for the attention. I love that kid. The only thing that has been hard for me is the fact that he is super super super tight and clingy to Lee now. Don't get me wrong, I think that is awesome, but I miss my little man a lot. I use to be his favorite, hands down, but it looks like daddy is the light of his life right now. oh, and don't doubt for 1 teensy weensy second that Lee is ALL over it. I mean, ALL over it! Those 2 are thick as thieves...

Here we are kissing sister, and I must say that I love Robyn's face in this pic as well... 


Knox thinks that smooching on G-baby is super funny. Side note- he spilled paint on his shirt at school today, so they took his shirt off and washed it. Thanks for that. But more importantly, thanks for sending him home is a tee shirt that is size 6 MONTHS! hahaha. We died laughing when we saw him sporting the muscle shirt! 


How are you with having 2?
Ah, the beloved question. How am I with having 2. Well, I honestly can't really give you a great answer. I have had SO much help from my family and friends that I am rarely with them at the same time by myself. I have had a few hours during the day here and there, but nothing for long periods of time. Lee wakes up, gets Knox up, bathes him, dresses him, AND packs his lunch before he takes him to school, so thats been amazing. I do have to say that my husband is incredible. So, I haven't taken him to school with Greer by myself yet. My dad has taken off a little this week to come and get Knox for the day...another huge blessing. Mom mom and WaWa came yesterday and brought me lunch and hung out with G-baby and I. We all packed up in the Pilot that afternoon and went to pick up Knox from school. He thought he was big stuff when he saw that RiRi and WaWa were present for the pick up. They stayed and played with us until Knox went down for his nap, and then Lee came home right when he woke up so it worked out perfectly. Today, my sister came and brought me some groceries (and new sunglasses from Ann T Loft -whoop!), played with G-baby, Angie, Brady, and I, and then she went to pick Fox up from school...so you get my drift. Lots of help, and I am very very thankful and humbled by it. I haven't cooked dinner since before I had Greer and friends from church have dinner lined up for us through the end of February. I am sure that's one of Lee's favorite parts :). All this to say that I have still had a tremendous amount of help so I am not really sure how things are with 2 quite yet. I won't lie. I got super overwhelmed and scared Sunday night at the thought of Lee going back to work and me having to just wake up and take care of 2 by myself. But...then I had to calm myself down and tell myself that there isn't anything to be scared of necessarily. They are MY children...not aliens...and I shouldn't be scared of them. I can do all things through Christ...I can do all things through Christ...I can do all things through Christ...

I have to say that I love being home around family and friends. We have had some super cute visitors come over and help out!

Baby Holland...who I obsess over with those precious cheeks!

Foxie and Marissa played together all night on Monday. She is seriously the best baby sitter (not to mention a gorgeous blonde :))

 And this sweet boy is Jackson! His blue eyes will steal your heart. He and his mama and daddy live in Atlanta. He is such a happy 4 month old, but as you can see he wasn't loving picture time :(. Sorry, buddy!)


And the Sandman that we all know and love! Greer's first kiss??

And let me finish with this: If you ever feel like testing your marriage, you should purchase one of these puppies and apply it to the wall together. Oh. My. Soul. My personality is to measure it 100 times in all directions and then carefully take forever to apply it. Lee? He would be fine if we put blindfolds on and smacked that sucker on the wall. Yikes! I will say that I LOVE LOVE it, but it seriously took us over 2 hours to apply it and peel it carefully. My nerves were shot! But since I love it, I will say that it was worth it!







As I am typing this...look who showed up a little early with treats! Love this guy :)


So much to be thankful for! Please keep us in your prayers that the adjustment phase continues on a smooth path. Thank you SO much to my family and friends who have played such a huge role in making this transition such a positive experience! We love and adore you!

2 comments:

  1. I love the detail of how you are ALL doing! And I remember feeling just like you: anxious about when everyone would go home and back to work! But you know what, it is a blessing simply b/c you figure everything out. It is hard at first, but it gets easier and easier as the days go by! You will do great. The pictures are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about you having 2 under 2. I will experience that soon enough and I need ALL the prep I can hold : ) I'm a little nervous since we have no family in town but am encouraged with the fact that it will be summer and hope my teacher friends will be dropping by! So thankful everything is going smoothly and a continued prayer with that to remain! Oh and I LOVE the scripture! I am the same way about measuring and Josh is just like Lee. He's rather throw it up there and then head of to watch Sports Center...LOL!

    ReplyDelete