1.12.2011

Boo!

Things have been going so smoothly for the first week of Greer's Homecoming. I was even praying about it in the shower this morning and thanking God that I am just blown away at how different things are this time around, and how it is going so well...
UNTIL...
Lee had a little fever and decided to go to the doctor this morning just to get some meds and "nip it in the bud." He was scared to be around Greer too much since he got the fever. Turns out that he has the flu, and his doctor told him to talk to our pediatrician and see what he said about the kids. Dr. Rux gave me some medicine for me to take to protect myself, and that way Greer would be able to get the meds through my breast milk. He also called in a prescription for Foxie. Here is the kicker. He wants Lee to be as far away from me and the kids as possible for the next 24-36 hours! Yikes! Lee is playing such a vital part in helping with everything right now...I feel  like we have a man down :(. SO...thankfully my sister is coming to get Knox to spend the next 2 nights and Lee is going to Montgomery to lay around in a hotel and get some work done from his computer and hopefully be able to make a meeting or 2. I am sooo sad right now. Things have been so great-and I don't want my joy to come from my circumstances-but I can't help but to be sad. I really, really, really don't want Knox to leave. I feel like my time with him is rare at the moment and he is not really paying me too much attention since Greer came home with us. I haven't been upset or sad about anything at all since I have been home, but when Lee told me he called my sister and that Knox had to leave, I definitely started crying. I know it is the best and that it will be so much easier for him to be with my sister right now, but I deeply miss my time with him, if that makes sense.

I also just wanted to say how blessed and lucky we are to have my sister, mom, and dad helping out so much. They would literally do anything in the world for us and stop what they are doing at the drop of a hat to help us. It doesn't matter what they have on their plates. Both my mom and dad work full time, but it doesn't matter to them. We come first. My sister has 3 girls that are very involved in school and extra activities, but watching Knox for us is NEVER a problem. She loves it and gladly takes it on. Thank you, Lord, that even when things seem a little overwhelming, YOU always provide a way out...and You have done so this time by providing sweet family to step in selflessly and serve us. Thank you!

Please pray that the kids haven't been infected with the flu virus and that we will be able to adjust to the situation in a smooth manner.

3 comments:

  1. Regan I'm so sorry to hear that!! boo for the flu! I'm SO thankful you have family close by to help though. Saying a prayer for y'all right now and really hoping no one else gets anything. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOO FLU!!! FLU SSHMOO. You get the idea. I hate that for you guys. I know it sucks for everyone. i'm sure Lee doesn't want to be away from you guys, just like you don't want to be away from him or Knox. Families like to be families especially in times of changes - like you guys are in right now. I will definitely keep you all in our prayers and hope Lee shakes this mess soon and you all can be snuggled up together by the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad! I hated when Josh got the flu last year! I felt the same way... a man was down! Take this opportunity to spend time in prayer, recharge, and spend some uninterrupted time with Greer! You may just look back on it as a special time as just the girls! Praying for Lee to recover quickly, Knox to enjoy building bonds with family and you... to make some lasting memories with that sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete