1.22.2011

2 week Check Up

G-Baby had her 2 week check up last week, and all is well. She weighed in at 7 pounds, 2 ounces, and is almost 22 inches long. I have yet to get a really good picture of her super long legs, but when I do I will post. Are you ready for this? Looks like Greer is going to have brown hair and OLIVE skin. Hysterical. WaWa has a good bit of Indian in her, so it apparently Greer has her skin. Doc Rux and I were laughing at the fact that no one is going to believe that Knox and Greer are related. One fair skinned red head, and one olive skinned brunette. However, other than color, Knox and Greer have some very similar characteristics. Greer seems to change a little bit every day, but when she was first born you could not really tell the difference between the 2 of them. Here is Greer gazing at sweet Dr. Rux:


I am loving her. I mean...LOVING her. She is so stinkin' sweet, and you barely know that she is in the room. She seems to be very laid back and is pretty much content wherever she is (thank you, Lord!). She is still sleeping well and waking only once during the night for a feeding (double thank you, Lord!). She doesn't even blink an eye when Foxie is running around the house like a mad man. Now that she is 2 weeks, I am trying to get her in the feed/wake/sleep cycle, but it is HARD trying to keep ole' girl awake. I am lucky to get her to keep her eyes open for 20  minutes after a feeding. Knox has started paying a little more attention to her, but not too much. He loves to kiss her on the head now that he knows we will clap for him. I still haven't had TOO much time alone with them, but the times that I HAVE had them alone have been...interesting?? Things I use to care about with Knox I don't so much care about these days. I had them both at dinner time the other night and I was nursing Greer while trying to feed Knox because both were starting to get a little fussy. I ended up tossing Knox a spoon and letting him feed himself his yogurt, and here is what the result of that was:


You just gotta roll with it. I started to get stressed, but halfway through I just started laughing. Lee walked in not long after, thankfully, so he was the lucky one that got to clean all this up...including my floors.

This morning I woke her to feed her, and when I unswaddled her I found this:


No more belly button cord! It was nice to be able to submerge her completely in warm water during her bath. By the way, she usually sleeps through her entire bath. Really? Knox sleeping during his newborn bath time??? Not to much...

Here is my favorite picture of the week since both of her eyes are open:


And lastly, the boys went for a run 2 nights ago and came back with flowers for the girls


So cute. Lee sent Knox into the kitchen by himself when they got home, and Knox came toddling around the corner with the flowers. He thought he was big stuff and had a huge smile on his face, and then he started swinging them like a baseball bat and we quickly had to take them from him and put them in water. Such a gentle child :).

So thankful for another good week. I know it is only by His grace that we are surviving over here, one day at a time...




4 comments:

  1. Loved the update and so happy things are going relatively smooth for yall. Lolli is getting ready for her big week with Knoxie and then I will be ready for a "Greer Fix" SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! So happy to hear your wonderful updates. I am praying that our baby boy (haven't named him yet...boo) is a bit more laid back than Emma Kate. I'm also so nervous about not having family in town and crumbling when Josh goes back to work and it's just me and them. I keep thinking back to your comment a few posts ago... they're not aliens, they're my kids... that's exactly how I feel. Like there will be two strangers in my house, even though I will have had 2 years with one of them. Please pray for strength and guidance when "my" time comes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is SO precious Regan! I love her little pictures. I'm with Kara and I'm liking the updates so I have a glimpse of what to expect in about a month. Have to admit that I am very nervous w/no family here in town. But I know we will make it!! Thanks for sharing your experiences!! Oh and what a good little sleeper you have-only waking up once at night!? NEVER had that w/Hayes but hoping for a quicker night time sleeper this go round w/Watson. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your feeding scene reminded me of something that I did early on! You definitely have to survive. And I felt the same way: Things I cared about before with Jeremiah I just let slide! :) I think the more children you have the more relaxed you get.
    I am so glad she is sleeping for you.
    And good job on keeping the blog updated too! You are on top of things.

    ReplyDelete