1.01.2011

Nursery

I decided to go ahead and post the unfinished nursery. There are a few things that I would love to do before she gets here, but who knows if I will get around to it. Things have been a little crazy over the holidays, and I have definitely taken advantage of Lee being off work and home with me. Plus, Foxie has been out of school as well, so free time is at a minimum!
I am about 36.5 weeks along, and went to the doctor last week. Mainly for my weekly check up, but also for the fact that I was in substantial amount of pain Tuesday night. Lee asked me to go to Montgomery with him since he had some work to do up there, and I thought nothing of it. I was excited to be with him and to see some family while we were up there, so I hopped in the car and wasn't worried about going out of town for the night. Rest assured, as soon as we pull up to Monkey-town I start having painful, painful and consistent contractions. Sometimes it was hard for me to talk through. We went to Aunt B's that night and they were pretty steady. Lee begged me to call Dr. Shoemaker and just make sure it was OK for me to stay the night in Montgomery. I fall on the side of not wanting to make a scene (hence, not wanting to go to the hospital when Knox was born because I was afraid I wasn't really in labor...and when we finally got there I was at an excruciating 5 cm dilated), so it took him a while to convince me. I kept thinking about me having to deliver Greer in Montgomery and my family being here, and it made me sick to my stomach, so I called. As expected, he said that it was OK for me to stay the night, but that I needed to keep it at a 1 night minimum since my first child came early and fast. Anyways, not that it's much of a big deal, but I found out at my appt. that I am 50% effaced and a little over 1 cm dilated. I mean, it could be 3 weeks from now or it could be sooner. Who really knows. All I know is that I feel like I am getting jabbed with knives in the girl parts every time I stand up or walk. Doc said cervix was super super soft and she was really low, so that's what's causing it. SO...we decided to get some things done around the house like put up Christmas decor, clean, pack some bags, wash some final baby stuff, etc. It's so weird because I wanted Knox's room completed to a T before he came, and with Greer...well, I would love for it to be finished, but I also know that we will survive if it isn't. Therefore, I decided to go ahead and take some pictures and send them to out of town family and friends just in case she comes sooner rather than later.

Since Knox's room is so bright with greens, blues, and browns, I wanted to try and keep Greer's room simple, neutral, and crisp. I ordered a small vinyl bible verse to go in the wall beside the cross. It's become one of my favorite verses for children:
"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity."
1 Timothy 4:12



I think this mirror is one of my favorite parts of the room



In the window pane, I am suppose to be painting her initials in the top middle, along with 2 other verses on the bottom outsides, and then once she is here I will put black and whites of her, her hands, and her feet on the top outsides and bottom middle. Let's see if I actually get it painted before her first birthday...

Some of her little smocked bishops from sister...

Newborn to 1 year. Nice to know I don't have to buy TOO much :)

Lolli (mother in law), is in the process of smocking her a coming home gown and a bonnet to match, and so I kept a little space open on the bonnet rack for that one :). THANK YOU, LOLLI! Also, we are making some green pull back ties for the curtains. 


 Another one of my favorites! Jessica, Lee's sister, gave me this amazing cross...and words cannot express my love for it.

We got this shutter from the same store we got her furniture, but we had to sand it and repaint it.

Not a good picture. The flash makes the ribbon look yellow, but it's really the same green that's in the rest of the room.

And lastly, a closer view of the handles that we refinished...




Hard to believe that we will have a little baby occupying this room in the near future. Praying that the Lord would bless us with a healthy labor and delivery, and that Knox would be able to adjust well. I find myself more and more worried about that factor these days. It makes me sad to think that he might  feel a little less loved because of a new baby in the house. I am trying not to dwell on that thought, and instead think about him gaining a playmate. Something tells me that if she sticks with Foxie, she will be one tough cookie!


5 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the pics! You are so crafty! I especially love how her name is done above the crib. :) I used to see Dr. Shoemaker when we lived in Daphne, he's great. Try not to fret about Knox not adjusting well. You have plenty of love to go around and he'll love his new little sister to the bottom of his heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so stinkin' creative! I love her room. My favorite part is her name above her crib. It is beautiful. I can't wait to see your sweet little Greer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great!! I love the shutter...great idea that can be used in so many ways. I can't wait to see that precious little baby. I can't believe its almost time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her room looks awesome! I love it! The shutter looks amazing! So glad you like the cross. I love the frame around it. Praying for that sweet girl and can't wait to see her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the nursery! And I especially love the 6 pane window that is to be finished! What a great idea! I may have to "borrow" that one! I've been thinking about our little nursery too and have often thought of doing neutral with a crisp white just to change things up a bit. You did a great job sister sue!

    ReplyDelete