1.28.2011

Girls' Week (+ Daddy )

What have we been up to?? Well, Knox has been with Lolli in AU all week long (yes, I know. I sent him to Auburn fresh off a National Championship title. If he comes back a converted fan, it's all my fault) so that I could have some more one on one time with G-baby, and also so that I can be in prayer over the chaos that is about to hit this house!! Once Foxie comes back I am pretty sure it will be family of 4 from here on out...at least for a while. No more extended trips to the grandparents house for him, which means if you think about us AT ALL in the upcoming days and weeks, feel free to pray it on up for us. I am sure that we will be needing it!

Don't be scared of your own children, Regan...
Don't be scared of your own children, Regan...

SO, in the meantime I have been enjoying my time with her. We have fed, napped, fed, napped, taken a picture here and there, fed, napped, fed, napped. You get the drift. Let me tell you, I have only been nursing her for a little over 3 weeks, and MAN I feel  like it has been 3 years. I forgot how all consuming nursing can be! It shall be very interesting to see how nursing goes when I have Foxie back and I have to play with him, feed him, take him to school, pick him up, etc. Like I said...prayer. In fact, if you want to pause for a brief moment to send one up for me now, I fully support that.

Sweet Holland came over to play this week. I need to take a moment and discuss this child. Misty, the mother, is probably down to sleeping with one eye open in fear of me sneaking in her house in the middle of the night and stealing this baby. Seriously. Her cheeks are, well...the pictures will explain it all:



And these pictures really don't even do them justice! She is such a smiley and happy baby, I can't stand it. And I'm completely jealous of her bobbed/banged hair. I think I might take a picture of this 5 month old to my next hair appointment-which, btw, will be in the year 2013- to see if they can replicate. OK, enough about Holland before Misty puts burglar bars on her windows.

As promised earlier, I tried to take some fully body shots of Greer so that you can see her ridiculously long legs. These aren't great pictures, but you can see what I'm talking about:



I mean, really? Do I HAVE to be the only short, stumpy person in my family? And...where are the leg rolls?? I guess I will be the only family member that sports those as well... at least after Knox's fade :) 

I think she is asking Bun-Bun where the bright flashes are coming from??:

I'm still laughing over the hair and the skin. If she didn't have Knox's nose and Lee's legs, I would pack her back up and return her to the hospital and kindly ask them to find my real baby. Some olive skin person must accidentally have her.

Thanks to my sweet husband, I got to break free and go to a Kidz Klozet sale this morning. All I can say about the sale is this:
Me + 2 children to shop for now = trouble. Especially when one of them is a girl. I love me some cute boy clothes, but the selection for girl clothes is about triple the selection for boys. It was nice to get out and get some cute spring stuff for the kids. Here is one of my favorite purchases of the morning. Hope G-baby is ready to go swimming! 

Yes, the sale had on site monogramming. For cheap. Gotta love it!

Thank you, Lolli, for keeping Knox for the week. I know he is having an absolute blast (and wearing you THIN!). I miss him very much, and I hope he will want to come home with us :). 

Oh, and today is Greer's original due date! Can you believe it? I honestly can't image not having her here with us, and it has only been a little over 3 weeks. Love this little girl, and I thank God for her everyday. 

That's it for now. Remember, people...prayers, prayers, prayers!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! So glad for an update. I've been missing news from the Lawsons - its not like you have anything better to do. I'm glad that the first 3 weeks have gone so well for you guys. You'll do great when you get Foxie back...don't stress. Just laugh. and then blog about it so we can laugh :) Prayers for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ENJOY every second of your one on one time w/her! I'm saying a prayer for y'all right now-and will continue! I know things will get hectic once life resumes w/the Foxster coming home, hopefully it won't take too long to get to a new normal. When you figure it out let me know, especially the nursing w/your toddler needing you part. Happy Friday-love you!

    ReplyDelete