2.03.2011

We're all still alive!

We have almost completed our first week of "normal life" as a family of 4. Honestly, it has been great. Yes, I am exhausted and worn out, but the Lord has really shown himself this week in big ways...at least to me He has. I was telling my friend Cathie yesterday that I had really been doubting myself and capabilities for well over a month now, and as we all know I was super duper scared to try it by myself, so that fact that the Lord orchestrated everything the way He did this week was huge for my confidence as a mother of 2.

I will say that I am really, really tired. G-baby has pulled a little switch-a-rooni with her sleeping patterns on me. She now wakes every 3 to 4 hours, which is about 2 times a night. I know, I know... This is normal for this age, but man I was spoiled for those 2 weeks when she only woke once. I am more than ready for her to sleep through the night, but unfortunately I think I have a little longer to go before we get there. 

I don't think that I can find the words to describe her. She is the absolute sweetest baby and is soooo quiet and sooo laid back-nothing like her mother :). Sometimes we forget that she is even in the room. She is incredibly sweet, and all I want to do is stare at her. I still can't believe she is mine. Heck, I still can't believe Knox is mine. Thank you, Jesus, for amazing gifts we don't deserve. She still sleeps in our room at night in a bassinet, and when she wakes to eat you can barely hear her. She doesn't really cry...more like coos a little and smacks her lips :). I feed her, and when she is finished she goes right back to sleep on the spot. This might sound like absolutely the craziest thing for me to be so excited about, but if you will remember 18 months ago I was struggling with colic and acid reflux in a newborn. Her temperament is such an answered prayer, and we continue to pray and praise Him for the way he created her. She is wonderful. I can't say enough about her. SO...I am not really too concerned about lack of sleep (at least, at the moment), because she is such a joy to be around.

Also, Knox Lawson came back from his Lolli vacation a changed man! Ha. Honestly, I feel like he has grown up SO much since he has been home. He is saying words left and right, doesn't pay attention too much to the paci, hasn't really had any big meltdowns (another huge huge huge answered prayer), and just all in all seems to be so joyful. He has really loved "helping" mommy. He constantly brings me baby items like burp cloths, bibs, and bottles that are in his reach and loves to hear me say "Thank you, Knox!" when he brings them to me. I am pumping a lot and feeding her through a bottle and he wants to sit by me and "hold" the bottle with me. He seems to be in awe of her right now. We have let him sit and hold her, with assistance of course, and the way he looks at her and smiles brings tears to my eyes. In fact, I am tearing up right now because everything makes me cry these days-in a good way. I can't believe the way he is around her. I know that there are definitely going to be some trying times with him, but I am so enjoying this calm side of him for the time being. I think that I just had a bad vision of him feeling left out and excluded causing him to act out. SO...another praise for prayers answered!

Here he is trying to put Greer's socks back on while I feed her. Huh...I wonder how they came off in the first place? :)


He went in her room and came back with this hat. Yea, he wore it around the house for most of the night, including dinner!


Cha Cha (my sister) gave him one of their old leapters for him to play with in the car so that he wouldn't fall asleep after we visit WaWa. She lives in Mobile and the drive back usually ends with me screaming his name, blaring the radio, and rolling down the windows to keep him awake. If he falls asleep in the car he will NOT take a nap when we get home. Thanks, sister!


This is pure love to me. 


Foxie loves him some salad with ranch. So much that after we ate dinner last night and played around the house, he threw it all back up on my ottoman and rug due to laughing like a maniac. Whole lettuce leaves and all. Nice...


Here we are watching the Cedarmont Kids. This is the only...THE ONLY...show that will make him stop and stand still for a minute. He even sits in his chair to watch it. Huge shout out to Lolli for picking up the DVD for him for Christmas. We wore that puppy out, and so when he came home from his vacation, he had a DVD set with 100 more songs for him to enjoy. I will say that I kind of love/hate it now. Only because I feel like that is the only thing that is ever on our TV. It has been perfect for when I feed, though, and he is also super cute and tries to sing and act out the songs. Unfortunately, I think he will have Lee's dance moves...


You can always count on WaWa to feed this guy. Fortunately, it is usually something healthy like veggies or fruit. I know I have said it before, but this guy is SO heavy.I am now grunting when I pick him up...


This is my latest favorite picture. Just look at his smile! He is such a proud big brother. This picture right here makes every inch of sleep deprivation WELL worth it. Heck, it even made me tell the doctor today that I was no longer thinking about permanent birth control. Lord help us all!!


Here's G-baby. Someone got a little tired of tummy time :)




I don't think I could possibly  love these 2 any more than I do now. Life is crazy. The house is messy. My hair is never fixed. Make up is a long lost friend. "Down time" does not exist any more. And sleeping late will probably not happen in this house again for 18 more years. Yet...I don't remember a time in my life that I have ever been happier.




2 comments:

  1. smile, sigh, tears, lump in my throat, all those things that should make you smile again for posting this today...brings back lots of sweet memories for me too of 30 long years ago when I was in your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are amazing. I have a similar one of Evie sleeping during tummy time. Your children are so sweet. And I am so glad that you have felt the Lord's presence during the last couple of weeks!
    Oh and BTW, 10 months later, I still wear less makeup than I ever have! But makeup isn't important when you have 2 sweet babies depending on you! :)

    ReplyDelete