2.09.2011

Results

It's RSV and an ear infection. I am devastated, scared, and feel guilty all at the same time. The doctor said it was the best thing for them to be separated as entirely as possible, so my precious, sick baby is in the car with his daddy headed to Auburn for an indefinite amount of time. At least through the weekend? Apparently the symptoms can last anywhere from 14 to 21 days, and he will be contagious 5 to 7 days from when it all began. I can't believe that I just got him back and now he has to turn around and leave again...when he doesn't feel good. And Lee as well. He is going to stay up there with Knox. As for Greer, I am suppose to be keeping an eye on her breathing and look for any signs that Knox has shown. If they appear I have to call Rux immediately for treatment. I know that I am tired, which makes everything worse, but I am so scared about Greer getting it that it is consuming me. She is so little and fragile that I can't even begin to imagine it.
I just wanted to post a quick update for my family and long distance friends that have been asking about him today. It's easier for me to post quickly than it is to call everyone.  I guess it's pretty obvious that we need prayer, especially Knox and Greer.
I am thankful that I serve a God who knows my needs even before the prayers leave my lips...

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry, friend! I know this is so tough on you guys. Praying it all passes soon without claiming any more victims.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this Regan. I know that is devastating news. I will pray for healing quickly. And for your family of 4 to be together again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bless your heart. and theirs. give that fear for greer getting sick to God... and you rest. when she sleeps, know it is what she needs. so you need to rest too. everything is worse when you are tired. take care of yourself - they need YOU to be well, also! hang in there. there will be so many bumps in the road as you parent them both - this is just one of them. and they will recover and NEVER remember this :) even though you and lee always will. i will pray for you to get through this as peacefully as possible.

    ReplyDelete