2.08.2011

Greer-1 month check up

I took G-baby to the doc for her check up this morning. Everything looks good!
Weight is 8 lbs, 15 ounces - 50%
height is 22 1/4 inches - 90%
Doc definitely said that she and brother had the same nose and profile, but we already knew that from the ultrasound :). He said it was too soon to tell, but it looks like the only thing she might get from me is her eye color. Time will tell, but if she does, you better believe I am going to claim it. It's all I have going for me! Ha! Here's to raising 2 little Lees!


Waiting her turn in the waiting room
;

Weighing in:


Staring at the polka dots on the wall

She kept her eyes peeled to these things



This was actually taken on her monthly bday, the 5th.

Everything went well and we shall return in 4 weeks for the dreaded shots :(.
We went to Wawa's yesterday, and these 2 little stinkers lived it up at her house like they always do. Yes, Knox is wearing a football shirt....yes, football season is over...no, I don't really care. I am lucky to get both babies fed and dressed in the morning, so lets just be thankful, OK? And naturally, Knox is going to be eating  in this picture...




He got a haircut last Friday, and not only does it make him look super grownie, but it makes him look EVEN MORE like Lee...if that's possible.




"Woman! I am trying to get some work done here!!!"

Poor guy. I know he is ready for Greer to get a little older so that the girls will stop dressing him up :)


And his new favorite position while watching football with daddy...

Things have been going pretty well. We let her sleep in her room last night and she did great! Only woke up to eat once, so that was good. I hope it continues that way. I have been told that babies can smell the mother's milk when they sleep in your room, and we thought that might have been why she started waking up more often during the night, so we gave moving her to her room a shot. We will see if the trend continues.

So, Lee took Knox on Saturday to go play for a little while and run errands while I "cleaned" the house and rested a little. Well, I checked the blog real quick to reference back to when Knox was a month old. Holy cow. 2 hours later Lee came home only to find me SOBBING on the couch with my laptop in my lap. I couldn't stop reading all the posts that I posted back when Knox was born...even the ones that had nothing to do with Knox. I seriously sat there and read through every.single.one. Lee wanted to know what was wrong, and all I could say was "He's so big...we are NEVER going to get his baby days back..." over and over. Wow. There were so many things that I had forgotten about, so many pictures and stories that made me cry. So many prayers that have been answered. I have never really gone back and re- read like that before. It made me SO glad that I blog. Sometimes I could take it or leave it, but after reading everything Saturday and realizing how descriptive I have been with the kids, I realized that this is AWESOME documentation. Not only for me, but maybe the children will read it one day. Anyways, just wanted to share that. If you haven't already, I encourage you to go back and re-read your own posts. Have a box of tissues ready!


1 comment:

  1. I literally started crying when you said, "we are NEVER going to get his baby days back..."! You have to stop making realizations like that on the blog...LOL! Our kiddos are so big and it happened without us even realizing it! I was at a friends house yesterday that has two boys (3 and 17 months) and she said, "Just wait till this new baby comes. Emma Kate will be so grown up then." That comment made me stop in my tracks for a sec. I'm not so sure I'm ready for that! But I can take comfort in thinking about all of the wonderful girl things we can do together as she gets older. I know you're loving having your girl! Enjoy every sec kiddo!

    ReplyDelete