2.09.2011

Please...Ask Me How My Night Was...

Preface: Noticed Knox had a runny nose and cough yesterday, as well as a small temp.His teacher told me 2 kids in his class had the flu.Came home for his nap after MDO. He napped for about 30 minutes since he couldn't breathe. I even laid down IN HIS CRIB with him because he was so tired and so upset. He would drift off, and then gasp for air because he couldn't breathe well and wake up.

Cranky yesterday afternoon. 

Emailed the doc. Said to bring him in today if he still had a fever today. I can't take both kids because Greer hasn't had her shots yet and she can't be around sick ones.

Did I mention that husband is out of town and will be until this afternoon????

Put Knox to bed early. Between him and Greer's feedings, I was up every 45 minutes to 1 hour ON THE DOT.  Knox would scream because he was so congested (can't blame him), and Greer would either spit her paci out and couldn't soothe herself, or she was hungry. SO...I am literally doing sprints between rooms for the majority of the night, stopping along the way at the bathroom to wash my hands so that I get rid of as many germs as possible for Greer's sake. Best part of the night, EASILY, is when I would lay Knox down (more like try to pin him down) and try to saline and suction out his nose. Why was it the best part? Because he would jerk his hands from my grip and slap me across the face. That's right. Slap. He has NEVER done this to me before, so this shows how much he hates hates hates the saline and suction. If he saw it in my hands he would try to run away. People, he's not skinny or light. I describe him as beast-like, so holding him down and completing the procedure 1 handed while getting slapped around by a screaming toddler was a little challenging. Both physically and mentally. I do believe my eyes began to tear up around the 4 a.m. hour.

He is up now with a low grade fever, so Lee is going to try and get home to take him to the doc before they close since I can't take both. Today's challenge is going to be trying to keep Knox and Greer separated, while keeping sanity and not running out of my front door and never looking back (I'm kidding...kind of).

As mentioned yesterday, I will definitely be re-reading this post for recollection of newborn/toddler days when I start thinking I might want a number 3.

In all seriousness, please pray that Greer doesn't get it. I am so so worried about her catching it. Also, please pray for my little guy...

Here's to relying on and trusting in the Lord to somehow get us through today!



4 comments:

  1. Wow. I feel terrible about my post yesterday after reading what you're dealing with. You are a champion for hanging in there. Preservere, friend! Just keep your head up, hands washed, and keep truckin'. Meanwhile I'll be praying for quick healing for Knox, a shield of protection over baby Greer, and sleep and sanity for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying that G-baby stays 100% healthy!! She's got your immunities truckin through her little body! She'll be good to go! Also, hope Foxie feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there kiddo! God gives us strength and upholds us with his right hand... even when we feel we can't go on! Love ya and praying for sweet Knox to get better and Baby G to stay well!

    ReplyDelete