11.01.2010

Day 7, and just plain ready to see Lee.

Ok, so I'm ready. Been ready the whole time, but I can feel myself slowing down a little and really wishing Lee were back at home with me. I will get him back for a week, but then he leaves again for Korea for another week. However, my awesome Mother-in-law has volunteered her time to take Knox for a few days out of that week, so that will be SUPER nice to have some down time. And by down time I mean that I will be finishing up the art work for Greer's room, washing all things baby, and getting everything in order while I don't have a 15 month old running around. Here is the best part. Lee gets back on a Sunday and we leave Monday FOR A WEEK IN THE MOUNTAINS!! Can you believe it??I get my husband for an ENTIRE week to myself, without work. Hallelujah! I really can't believe it. All this solo parenting will be soooo worth it once we get there. We are going for a couple of reasons. #1...we just wanted time together and to take a mini-vaca with Knox before Greer gets here. I am DYING for him to see snow...even if it is fake! #2...my 30th birthday is the 24th, which will fall on that Wednesday of our trip. Yes, I will be 30. No, I am not afraid of it or sad. My mom was trying to sweetly ask this weekend if I was upset about turning 30, and without hesitation I said no. I honestly feel so happy and blessed with the husband, child (soon to be children), and just life in general that God has given me and I am only looking forward to MORE of it :). Anyways, this will be the first time ever that we will be away from family over a holiday (Thanksgiving), so that will be a little different. Lee had a great point of view, though, and said that he would like to spend time just us with Knox and enjoy him before we expand out family even more. He even said that he wanted to cook Thanksgiving dinner for us. I am sure that meal could possibly be an entire blog-worthy post in and of itself :). Na, I have faith that he can do it. Either way, I really am beside myself about being with my family for a week straight. That thought alone is helping me persevere!

As far as today, didn't do too much. Went to Wa-Wa's and played until Knox got fussy, loaded him up and came home. He napped for 3 hours and then we went to Publix. It's sad when the people in there know you and your child. We came home and ate dinner, played a bit, and then he went nightie night. I told myself that I would be in bed by 8:30 tonight, but as you can see that ain't happenin'. I am currently blogging while waiting on the Pumpkin Spice bread that I am making for Knox's teacher to bake. It takes an hour! There really aren't enough hours in the day. I didn't take any pictures of the little man for Lee today, so I will have to post a few more pics of last night.

Words can't even describe how much these girls love Knox, and he literally adores them...


This is before we left for the church tailgate. I thought this picture was so funny because I feel like he looks more like a golfer without his hat since he has the business man part going on all the time...

And finally, mommy and Foxie...


Before I go, does anyone know how to make pictures bigger? I have had a few people ask me to make them bigger, but I have no clue how to do that. Stop laughing.

Love you, Lee. TWO MORE DAYS!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. After you load the pic on the blog, if you click on it, it should give you an option to click Medium, Large, X-Large, etc. At least, that's how mine works!

    I'm so glad yall will get to spend time with Foxie, although I will miss you at Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I kind of (selfishly) like Lee being gone because I love all of the daily updates. Sorry. I know that's mean and maybe a little strange too.

    2. A week away with your little fam sounds like exactly what your OB/ GYN ordered for you- nourishment for your soul and sweet little Greer.

    3. I think how you enlarge your pics depends on what version of blogger you use. When I upload my pics, if I click/highlight the pic there is an option to make it x-large. I'm with "those" people. I want life size pics of you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys!! I just went back and made them a little bigger. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out :)

    ReplyDelete