11.02.2010

Day 8, and I'm going to bed EARLY!

I am definitely going to be in bed by 9 tonight. Definitely. So this will be a quick one. I will say that I might stop blogging for a while after this little commitment is over. I have learned my lesson on blog commitments!

Since it's Tuesday, Knox went to school this morning and I went to go help feed the twins, Shepherd and Sawyer. I had to run a few errands afterwards and before I knew it, 1:00 was here. Picked Knox up and came home so he could nap. After he woke this afternoon, I quite possibly made the worst decision ever. I decided to take him all the way over to Mobile and do some Christmas shopping at Toys R Us. What in the WORLD was I thinking? Mom is the Human Resources Manager over there, so she walked around with me while we picked some stuff out and made a list. Knox went ballistic. He wanted to get down and run around like crazy, throw every ball, touch every noise making toy, and climb on all the big bikes. I was mortified. I wanted to get out of that store so quickly and I am sure my neck was turning red. Because of mom, I pretty much know everyone in there and I was speechless. They all acted like it was nothing since they see children going crazy in there all the time, but I hit my limit. I kept trying to check out and leave, but mom wanted to keep going and stop and talk with everyone. Once we finally did check out, I had to entertain Knox up front with the little rides so that he would stay in one place, and mom handled everything at the check out counter. I don't know if it's me, but when it's your own child acting that way, everything seems 100 times worse. Other people's children don't bother me at all...it's when my child acts crazy that makes me a little on edge. Anyways, we packed it up and drove back across the bay. Knox cried most of the time, which was unusual. His hand stayed in his mouth which tells me that maybe he's teething? I don't know whats going on, but I am definitely praying that tomorrow is a little smoother.

I managed to get a quick snap of him riding the machine at Toys R Us. It was moving, so it isn't very clear. He isn't smiling in this picture, but I promise he enjoyed it. He was just super focused on the noise and lights.


And this here we are having a snack. He loves to sip the juice box with the straw and then take it out and drink from the tiny hole?? Strange...and messy!


We were suppose to try dinner again with the Halls tonight, but after our crazy shopping spree, I was ready to get home, get him fed, and put that little sucker to bed! He went down right at 7, and by the time I put my PJ's on and checked the monitor, he was cashed out. Goodness. I am not far behind him!

Good night to all! Only 1 more day of all this daily blogging...I PROMISE! :)

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I was just reading a blog of my own. There have been several times when - mainly at the grocery store- when I just feel like my face is going to explode from embarrassment as Anna Lee screams to get out of the cart and pull everything off the shelf. Its awful - but you're right about it being 100 times worse when its your own child. Pre-parenthood, I always thought "that woman needs to learn how to discipline her child" - NOW, I think, "poor woman, I feel her pain but hey, I'm just glad its not me right now."

    Hopefully today has been better for you guys. Days like that will wear you down QUICKLY.

    ReplyDelete