2.19.2010

Red!


As we were taking our morning wagon stroll, I was noticing how the sunlight was bouncing off of Knox's hair and making it look extremely sparkly red. I then noticed that his eyebrows were sparkling red as well! I thought it was super funny, so I tried my best to get a pic. This is the only picture I could get with him looking in my direction so that you could see his eyebrows! I tried to brighten the picture so you could see it better. Please excuse the pajamas ( I was in mine as well...with a hat...and a coffee mug. Thank goodness we are close to our neighbors and there is no judgement:)). I would also like to point out that this ride took place shortly after he woke up, and the perma-part is still in tact!
Oh, red headed Knox. Between the random strangers touching his hair and people constantly telling me that he doesn't look like he could be my baby, I always wonder if his temper will match his hair as he grows up. Lee and I pray over Knox every night and we always ask that the Lord would give him a peaceful temperament. I don't know why, but I just have a gut feeling that this guy is going to give us a run for our money. I was telling my friend Cathie this last night and her response was "Don't speak it!!!!" Ha. I thought that was funny. I hope I am not jinxing myself :).
To be perfectly honest, I was a little concerned about the red hair when Foxie was born. When it first started coming in it looked super orange and I didn't know what in the world to expect! Looking back at pictures and comparing them to now, it has gradually gotten to be a darker shade of red...and I am really starting to love it. I love that it is something that you don't see very often and is super rare. I once read that only 3 % of the population has truly red hair. My first thoughts were "Great...I am going to have this super tall orange headed baby that resembles something that no one else has ever seen before. I wonder how many dates he will get??!!" Ha. Now I see it more like something different and unique that the Lord has given Knox, and if you know me well, you know that I like different. Robyn and I were talking about his hair one day and she said, "At this point, Foxie wouldn't be Foxie without his red hair! I love that baby!" Oh, and love she does. My dad constantly talks about his hair and gets visibly upset if he thinks it is getting darker. "He better not loose this red. He better not." Rusty-nail. You gotta love him. I assure him that I'm pretty sure Foxie will be a red for life :) I just hope he doesn't get teased about it!
Heres another "brow" picture that I ran across.

So red and "expressionative!"

In other news, I have decided to start training for a half marathon. Lee "says" he wants to train with me. We will see how long that lasts. We live minutes from the Fairhope pier, so it makes running slightly more enjoyable when you have the beautiful bay to look at. I will definitely be starting from scratch. It's been a while since I have really been running. I am signing Lee and I up for a 10K next month. I need to get off this blog and in to my running shoes!




No comments:

Post a Comment