2.23.2010

Terrific Tuesdays!

I love Tuesdays. For about 8 years now, my sister has gone to Wawa's house every Tuesday so that she and the kids can see her. Like I have noted previously in my blog, Wawa isn't your typical grandmother and we have WAY too much fun whenever we are around her. You never know what is going to come out of her mouth. I have never been able to go to Wawa's on Tuesdays due to me teaching, then we moved to Montgomery and I was definitely out of range, but now I am back with a baby so I get to join the Haygood carpool and ride over to see her every week! She absolutely adores babies, and her house is heaven for the kids. She always has something new for them from the dollar store waiting on them when we get there. She is so funny. Her main weekly outing is to run to the dollar store by the mall and pick something out. The kids FLIP over whatever trinket she gets. She bought a ribbon on a white stick thingy the other week and seriously busted out a theatrical dance for the kids. She's 86. Robyn and I were wetting our pants. Knox and Carley just stared with admiration. God love Wawa. Many toys have accumulated at her house since the first grandchild was born, and the big car is Knox's favorite. He is in it every week and would probably just sit in there the entire time if we let him. He barely looks at me for pictures anymore...exhibit A:

Another favorite of his is HATS. If you are wearing one and holding him at the same time, you better go ahead and plan on giving it up. I tried to cover my half dried hair in pig tails this morning by wearing one, and you see how successful I was:


After lunch, Riri (my mom) got herself a piece of lemon pie that had some whipped cream on it. We decided to give Foxie a little taste of the whip cream - I know, I'm a bad parent. Well, he loved it. We gave him one more little taste and as I was holding him and talking to mom, this is what happened:


I guess he figured that he wasn't finished? Hysterical. He slammed his entire hand down in it.

And then of course I have to post a pick of my baby girl, Carley. I honestly can't handle her cuteness. There aren't enough hours in the day to tell about all the hilarious things that she does and says. This picture captures it all:


The blue mouth comes from her ring pops that Wawa got her from the dollar store :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Wawa. Every time you put her name in a blog, my mind goes back to the day when we were hanging out in the pool at Cabana and the story you told me of her. I know you remember! It makes me laugh out loud even now.

    ReplyDelete