2.01.2010

I love...

* that I am typing this post from our house in Fairhope.
* that my husband is crazy enough to move us down here in about a 24 hour time span!
* that the men in my family drove to Montgomery to help Lee pack and load the Uhaul so that I could come down to my sisters house with Knox and keep him out of the way.
* that when Knox and I pulled up to sisters, some of my family members were waiting there to surprise us and scream "Welcome Home!!!"
* that my neighbor teared up when she saw us pulling in.
* that my family adores adores adores my husband and child, and would literally bend over backwards for us.
* that I got to surprise my nieces today by picking them up from carpool line. I will never forget the look on their faces!
* that I took Knox to the park with my sister and Carley today and he got to swing for the first time.
* that even though my parents are divorced and remarried, they always come together as a big family and make sure their children and grandchildren are taken care of and loved on.
* that my dad hasn't stopped calling me to tell me how happy he is that I am home, and reminds me everytime that he lives a few miles down the street... If we ever need anything.
* that Knox is starting to hold his arms out for Cha Cha to hold him (my sister) because he really is starting to recognize her.
* that I have already gotten to see one of my favorite people...Cathie Kelly... and will be seeing her and Angie tomorrow for dinner.
* that we just moved back into our first house where we diligently prayed that the Lord would give us a baby, where we conceived the baby, and where we found out we were pregnant!
* that I went against all parenting books tonight and rocked Knox before bedtime, something I rarely do but want to do more of.
* that even though it feels like we live in a shoebox and I'm overwhelmed at times at where everything will go, I can't describe the joy that I have in my heart right now and could live in this house for years to come.
* that I have already daydreamed what it would be like to bring our next baby home to this house.
* that I am married to a man who understands exactly how important all of the above are to me.
* I love being home.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Aww!!! What an amazing feeling to be "home" with the people you love- it's like that OAR song. Reading through all of the things you love made me cry and made me take a second to realize how thankful I am to be at home with our families too. So glad you're back where you belong - is it temporary or for good? Oh- and I see you got the blog app working- yay for iPhones- like they weren't awesome enough, already? :) I'm just so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You moved fast. So glad that you are excited to be home. And about rocking Knox-I was so against it b/c of Babywise but did it anyways b/c I realized I won't have very long to be able to rock him. I just never rocked him to sleep. I thinking rocking is such a sweet time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO happy for you Regan. You are right where you need to be at this time in your life. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are home! Thanks for tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your post...it was so very sweet:) So glad you guys are where you want and need to be! That is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete