10.26.2010

Day 1 Down...

8 more to go! I have gotten lots of sweet phone calls and emails today asking how we were doing. I was very very sad this morning when Lee left, and am still sad, but I am taking it one day at a time! My mother in law had a good point...she said that I should try to see it as time that I will have with just Knox before Greer gets here, so we are going to try to live it up and do some creative stuff for the next 8 days. I am WIDE open for some ideas for a 15 month old and a slow, pregnant woman :). Tried to do a little Christmas shopping tonight at the outlets and go on a dinner date with my guy, but I should have known better. 10 minutes in to the meal I was asking for a to-go box. Is it just my child or do most toddlers this age not like sitting in high chairs? Lee and I usually just take turns entertaining him when we are out to eat, so doing it solo was a risky choice...but one I wanted to take. Learned my lesson very quickly. :)

Anyways, I am about to straighten up around here and turn in early with a good book. Has anyone ever read "Every Woman's Marriage?" Yikes. It will make you evaluate your personal role as a wife with a quickness. And by quickness I mean like ripping a band-aid off quick, cause it stings to see all the selfishness that I can bring to our marriage. It is a really good book, and I am studying it with an amazing lady at my church. It has been very encouraging to have someone in my life that has already been through all the seasons of life that I am going through. I feel like I can learn so much from her and hopefully grow more in wisdom and virtue as Lee's wife. Hopefully.

Continue to keep Foxie and I in your prayers. Theres nothing to worry about over here, though. Lee tagged the little guy in as "Man of the House" for the next few days, so I feel pretty safe and secure with him in charge!


No comments:

Post a Comment