10.27.2010

Day 2...check.

Please bear with me. I told Lee that I would post a little something about what we did each day and some pics to go along with. I will be honest in saying that I am tired and would rather be laid out on the couch or in bed, but I am trying to stick with it. I don't think I could ever make a commitment to blog every day for a long period of time. I have some friends that are doing it now and I definitely don't have the discipline to do it...nor do I have an exciting enough life to share daily posts! But...these next few days are for the hubs :)

Today was "Wa-Wa Wednesday". We Went over to Mobile and played with her for a while, and I love the days that we go. So does Knox :). Her house is like a walk in Dollar Tree with every single cheap toy imaginable. She literally goes to that place weekly to pick up something fun for the kids and has done so since Abbie was a baby...EIGHT years ago. You can imagine the chaos. It's sort of like a mini Disney World for the kids. Anyways, Knox loves to push things, so he got this stroller out. Wa-Wa put a small baby doll in it and kept calling it Greer, and Knox would DIE laughing every time she said it (she's in the stroller in this pic, but you can't see her). He did pretty well pushing her around the house, minus the time he picked her up by her head and threw her across the kitchen floor. That was no good!


I had to post this next picture of Wa-Wa because, well, she just aint right. This 87 year old blew up these 2 huge balloons and tied rubber bands on them to make them bounce back and forth. She was doing both of them at the same time and Knox was laughing so hard that he laid on the floor and started rolling. These pics are boonani since they were taken from my phone. I wish you could have seen her facial expressions. And please notice the snack table to the back right. That puppy has been up and running since I was in middle school, and needless to say it contributed MUCH to some extra weight along the way. It is by far one of Lee's favorite things about her house. The ongoing family joke is that you will always find him grazing the snack table (sorry, babe:)). I love me some Wa-Wa...

After that we came home and napped a little bit. Knox is starting to get a cough, so I am praying that it doesn't develop in to anything bad. I pulled out the humidifier today so hopefully that will clear things up. My dad gets Knox every Wednesday from about 3:30 until dinner, which is when we all eat together with my sister's family as well. We actually went to wings tonight since kids eat free, and if you have 100 kids like my sister does, then that pays off! Knox thought he would try a corn dog for dinner, and by try I mean he just shook the stick the entire time. Every time he did it the girls laughed, so he would do it again and again and again and again. I don't think 2 bites were taken.


And lastly we came home and got ready for bed. Knox is having a Harvest Party at his school tomorrow, so we made a few little treats for the other kids...cookies with ghosts and "BOO" on them. I even let Foxie put glitter pumpkin stickers on the boxes. This is a big deal for me since I am a little anal about certain things, and I don't necessarily love the pumpkins, but I went with it. He thought he was big stuff. Of course, I gave him a little guidance :).


Thats about it for our day. Nothing too crazy or creative, but it was a full day to say the least. Lee made it safe and sound to Japan. He got there at 2 a.m. our time and did not leave the airport until about 7 a.m. our time due to crazy customs and security. The good news is that when he got to his room, it was 10:30 p.m. and he was able to go straight to bed. I just talked to him a couple of hours ago and he had just woken up and was about to start his day. So weird! We love him and miss him dearly! 7 days left!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Wa-Wa! She is great. And Wings? Yummy! We miss that place so much. I hope Knox starts feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete