10.28.2010

Day 3, And a Little Bump In The Road...

We had big plans of waking up this morning and going to Foxie's Harvest Party at school, coming home to nap for a while, and then having dinner at the Halls' house and playing with Sanders and the twins. However, when I heard the worst cough ever coming from his monitor this morning at 7 a.m., I had a gut feeling our plans were about to change.

When I got him up he was pretty warm so I took his temp and he had a little fever. His cough was in his chest and had a rattling sound, so that wasn't good either. He hasn't been eating much of anything either, so I called Dr. Rux and he wanted me to bring him in. His demeanor hasn't been too bad, just a little extra clingy. And he also really wanted his paci, which is something that we have done without for a few weeks. Oh well, baby gets what baby wants when he's sick. He did get down long enough to play in his ball pit with his plastic golf clubs. I think even if he had pneumonia, he would still want to get in that ball pit.

Anyways, we got dressed and I ran the cookie treats by his school while he stayed in the car in carpool line. His teacher had the most precious decorated mini-pumpkin for him with some treats, so when I brought that back to the car it made him smile a little :). Off to the doc we go...

As my friend Cathie so very well put it today when I told her Knox and I were headed to the doctor, "Boonani! No solo parenting gig is ever complete without a trip to the doctor!" I couldn't help but laugh at that...so true.I figured it was just a cold since he wasn't pulling at his ears or anything. He has never had an ear infection before, so I wasn't sure what signs to look for. When Dr. Rux looked in his right ear, he said it looked like it was on fire :(. Knox was NOT happy about the doc looking in there, either. I know I've said it 100 times, but I love Dr. Rux. He always just sits in the room and chats with you for long periods of time, and this man loves him some babies. He loves on Knox so much every time we see him. You never feel rushed when you go.

He sent us on our way with a few prescriptions, so off to Publix we went. We did a little shopping while we waited for them to be filled. Even though he looked so puny, he was a trooper while I picked a few things up. Yogurt was on the list, one of his all-time faves...


And he mainly did this the whole time. I think he liked the cool feeling of the container on his warm skin...


Let me tell you something. I am not sure anyone would understand it unless they had a child with red hair, but the amount of people that want to stop and talk about it and touch it is INSANE! Within 15 minutes, four people stopped me to tell me how much they loved it. One lady said she would like to take a sample to her hairdresser. Another lady said her son had hair Knox's color when he was a toddler but it gradually got darker along the way, and she hated that he now has brown hair. Ha! One sweet lady actually followed me down an isle to catch up with me and pet him. Yes, pet him. It was so bizarre. I wanted to sanitize her hands, but I figured Oh well, he was already sick. The boy at check out said he had hair Knox's color when he was young, and his siblings were all blond and brunette and he felt sorry for them because they never got any attention like he did. He said now that his hair was brown nobody pays attention to him anymore-and he was oddly, oddly sad about it. Sounded like a deep personal issue to me. Anyways, all this to say that it is truly never ending with the attention and the "Where did he get it from" and the "Boy or girl?" questions. So strange. I want to make a sign to put on my chest that answers all of these questions so I can stop repeating myself. Lee always tells me I need to write a book about it one day.

We came home and got the medicine in his system, ate little something for lunch, and then he went down for a nap and slept for 3.5 hours! I took about an hour snooze as well. I must have been really tired because all I know is that I was folding towels and the next thing I remember I was waking up with towels all around me. We had breakfast for dinner, played a little bit, and then he went back down at 7.

Talked to Lee for a minute while eating dinner. He had just woken up and got my email about Knox. He sounded so sad that he wasn't here :(. He had a busy day ahead of him so we didn't talk too long. Hopefully I will catch him before I go to bed.

Hopefully little man will feel better tomorrow. I will say that I have really had a good few days with him and have not felt too tired or overwhelmed or anything. I feel like the Lord is really sustaining me in that area, and I'm praying that this continues since every day tasks are getting a little more challenging as I grow. We miss daddy, dearly, and can't wait for his return! 6 more days to go until we are reunited with this man!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment