4.25.2011

Happy Easter Weekend???

I assume you saw the question marks in my title. Let me first say that I am only half-joking. Easter is my second favorite holiday and is DEFINITELY a happy celebration regardless of our circumstances. However, the fun and exciting Easter plans that I had for the fam-jam was quite a no-go. Let me break it down for you...
Saturday morning the boys woke up and went for their usual Saturday morning doughnuts while G-girl and I hung around the house and spruced up the place a bit. This particular Saturday Lee took my car so that he could get it serviced while they were out, and they were also stopping by Target to pick up a few things. While I was at the house cleaning, I took a break to feed Greer. I went to her crib, picked her up, walked in to the living room, and suddenly fell to the floor. My back went out and this is the worst it has been in years!!! I honestly could not move and it hurt so bad to even breathe. My legs were sort of tucked underneath me and I was propped up on my elbow. After about 10 minutes I was able to get Greer to the couch and lay here there. Thank goodness she is a relaxed baby. My phone was in the kitchen and I knew there was no way I could get to it, so I just sat there like a statue on the floor in the ONE position that didn't bring me to tears and waited for Lee to get home. It was only about 15-20 minutes before he got there, and when he walked in and saw me he was like "What in the world are you doing???" When I told him what happened (he is quite familiar with my back issues), he felt like he needed to help me by trying to pull my legs out from under me. I was screaming and crying at the top of my lungs and begging him to stop because I was scaring Knox. Lee freaks out in situations like this and wanted to call 911. I was threatening him with everything inside of me that if he called 911 I would be sooo mad at him (big threat, huh?). He ended up calling my orthopedic doctor on a Saturday morning, which I am sure he loved, and got some tips from him. It was about an hour after that that I was able to get myself up on the couch. To make a long story short, I have degenerative disk disease-which we've known about for years-but the doctor told us that there will be no more running. Ever. And definitely no half marathon :(. AND...on top of that, I was not able to participate in the Easter egg coloring this year...which is always one of my favorite things, nor was I able to find Easter eggs with Knox Sunday morning or play with him and his Easter basket stuff. I laid on the couch on a heating the entire time and popped pain killers and muscle relaxers. Booo! Lee was sweet enough to actually go and get stuff for the kids' baskets (which made me smile because he got the most random things. Knox loved it, though, so that's all that matters), he did all the Easter bunny stuff by himself on Sunday morning as well as colored the eggs with Knox Saturday night. So thankful for him!

We had lunch at my sisters house, and I was not feeling too much better so I walked around at an awesome 90 degree angle staring at the floor the entire time. Lunch ended up being a little later than expected and Knox was more than ready for a nap, so he was quite a peach :). And, just in case you aren't feeling sorry enough for me yet, I was not able to take any pictures! Ahh! Lee took a few quick ones right before we loaded the car to head home (when Knox was nasty and sweaty from playing outside :)) so that we would have some record of Easter 2011. I know, pure sadness. But you know what??? Today is a new day and I woke up able to stand a little straighter, and I have had a fun morning with the kids, so I need to be thankful for that!  Perhaps I should boil some more eggs, dress the kids up, and pull out the camera and pretend that today is Easter and none of the above ever happened?? :)

Anyways, here are the very few pics that were randomly taken yesterday. No pics of the kids with their Easter baskets or outside in the beautiful weather, but that's O.K.. The GOOD news is that Jesus rose from the grave so that we could have a relationship with Him and spend eternity in heaven, and that is the only thing that matters.
My very talented mother in law smocked Knox and Greer's matching Jon Jon and bubble. I wish I had her skills!






I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Regan! I am so sorry about your back!! No fun! I had back/hip issues after W was born for a few weeks -almost could not walk- seriously PAINFUL! but I am glad you are a little better today. And the pics Lee took are super sweet. All you need are a few anyway! They are precious and what a talented MIL you have. Hope you get back to 100% ASAP!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Regan. I am SO sorry!! I started moving around in my chair trying to make YOU comfortable when I read about the pain you were in. I'm glad you didnt have to spend hours on the floor waiting for a little help. I had no idea you had that condition...you would never know that playing against you during intramurals :) It will definitely be an Easter weekend that you never forget...its all about the memories...speaking of which...where is the pic of you laying on the floor? My husband would have DEFINITELY snapped one of those before helping me up :) I'm glad you're feeling better today. I hope you continue to improve day by day. Praying for you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regan-oh how that brought back memories! I remember your back so well!
    And you know what-we should have talked b/c our Easter was not the "Happy Easter" you read about in books either!
    But like you said, no matter our circumstances, Christ is still constant and he did rise from the dead and conquer sin! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete