4.11.2011

Weekend Get-A-Way

My mom called me Friday morning and said that she knew it was probably too last minute, but the bay house was available for the weekend if we were interested. Umm...bright skies, warm weather, and kayaks?? Yes... we were absolutely interested. Lee had been out of town with work for a few days, and he also got a chance to go to Augusta for the Masters, so it was a nice treat to get away and relax together as a family.  After I hung up with mom I was super pumped and ready to go. And by ready I mean that it took me about 100 hours to pack up ALL of our stuff for our new family of 4. This was our first time to go anywhere overnight. Yikers!
Anyways, we had a great time. The Haygoods came down for the day and cooked out with us Saturday night, and that always makes everything more fun :). I know I mention it all the time, but I love how he gets to play with his cousins all the time. They always have a great time and are so sweet to him. I wish all of our cousins lived down here with us. Maybe one day!


"I'm so excited we're going to the bay, I could just kiss myself!"


 All packed up and ready to go...snacks included!

"CHEESE!"


 Swinging and watching the sunset


His mother is hilarious... 


Up past bedtime and enjoying a cold snack...

Sticky bath

 Pancakes for breakfast with daddy!

She wore an itsy-bitsy, teeny weeny, yellow polka-dot one piece :)

Ready for the day!

Seldom looks at the camera...


Drool Monster!


Momma was feeling a little nervous...

And they kept going...


And GOING....


"Hey Dad. Did you see the look on mom's face? I think she was really trippin' out back there on the wharf. Maybe next time she should just stay inside."

G-baby was pretty content in Misty's swing. Thanks for letting us borrow!

The girls...9, 7, and 5. Laying out. I can only imagine what the future holds...

Sprinkler Time!!







Here's what Mama Abbie did the rest of the afternoon....she's such a sweetheart!

Love this one

Snoozin' with dad late afternoon


 The girls!

More kayaking

Her favorite spot :). A great way to end the day!


Thanks for handing over the keys for the weekend, mom! We had a blast! Love you SO much, and thanks giving us a weekend "away"!



3 comments:

  1. I love the smirk Greer is giving you in the first picture..."Mom, do you really have to take a picture of me in my bathingsuit? For real?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH cute pics!! I was SO nervous watching them leave on the kayak too...i was glad to see them walking back up the pier after their little excursion. Both of those little kids are completely precious. I'm sure Greer was throughly entertained by watching all the craziness of all of those kiddos. I love all of the sprinkler pics. I can just hear the squeals! Glad you guys were able to get away for a little QT with the fam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the picture of Knox laughing. I would frame it! I can't believe Carley sun bathes! So funny! The picture of Robyn and Abbey is SO SWEET! And Lee is crazy for taking Knox out that far! I would have been panicking too!

    ReplyDelete