4.21.2011

Spring Break 2011

We had the honor of spending 5 days at the Caribe Resort with the Haygoods this week, and we had a blast! I have tons of pics, so I will try and keep my wordage short. It was Spring Break in Baldwin County, so that's what we owe this nice little beach retreat to. To be honest, the word "relaxing" doesn't really come to mind when I describe this trip. Taking 2 babies with us and accommodating 2 different schedules called for a lot of sacrifice and selflessness. WAY unlike my spring break trips in the past! However, watching Knox's face go down the water slides and play with all of us in the pools and on the sand was way better than any of the relaxing trips I've taken in the past.
Lee was sweet enough to stay up in the room with the kids during nap time EVERY day (from about 1 to 3:30 ish or 4), so that did allow me some time to just lay at the pool with my sister and chill out a little. He rocks. We did a lot of rotating with Greer. We took her with us to the pool as much as possible and let her lay and sleep in her little mobile swing. That puppy has been clutch!! Thanks again, Misty! There were times when it got a little hectic toting all of our kids- and stuff that comes along with them- around, but it was so worth it. I am so thankful that we were able to go on this trip. I am thankful that I have a husband that works hard so that these trips are possible. I am thankful that both of our parents did a great job of instilling a strong work ethic in us so that we understand and appreciate the value of things like this.
And lastly, I am super thankful for the Haygood girls :). These 3 are like little babysitters 24/7. The obsession they have for Knox and Greer is precious, and Knox DEFINITELY feels the same. I am sure Greer will as well when she gets a little older. Knox's laughter filled the hallways and bedrooms of the condo for the last few days because he was so entertained by the girls. Constantly. I love watching him with them, and they never ever leave his side!
Oh...and we added a nice treat to the mix. We stayed back with the kids one night and let Robyn and Dane have a date night, and they did the same for us. That was awesome! I always love the chance to have dinner without kiddos with my husband. Thanks for an awesome time, Haygoods!






Heading to Lulu's



The girls fed him breakfast every morning, and gave him some lessons on body parts and words while he was trapped in his seat :)







 I mean, they even followed him and played with him during bath time...


And of course they had to join the fun. 









Greer's set up

Knox wanted to check on her and make sure she was cozy...

But then he saw a cute girl walk by and was quickly distracted. "Call me!"




Burying Abbie in the sand
 Feeling the sand for the first time :)

After lunch and nap time, we went and conquered the slides!!


He LOVED them! Timid at first, but after he went down once, it was " Gain! Gain! Gain!" after each time he went down. Lee and I MAY have sent him down by himself a few times on the slide below. Hilarious. One sent him and one stood at the bottom to wait for him. Sometimes he came out backwards. That boy didn't care. You could hear him yelping and laughing all the way down. His mother might have ridden them a million times herself...

And of course he had to break for a snack from Cha-Cha and regain his energy to ride the slides 100 more times...


Riding the Trolley with Daddy

Smiling a lot lately :) 

 Hanging out in the condo while big brother gets to go play. Oh well...she'll catch up with him next year.

Doughnuts and beignets for breakfast one morning...

The girls begged for him to have a chocolate doughnut with them so they could see him get messy. He didn't disappoint!


Loved the elevator rides

PLaying peek-a-boo with Abbie in the sliding glass closets




Love this one


Check out those black feet!



"I think I'll have some of those...."

"And a bite of that..."


Look at Abbie cooling off his oatmeal. She is such the mommy bear

I walked in and found Lee sipping his coffee while Carley had baby duty. She didn't seem to mind...



 Oh, don't doubt dancing Elmo made the trip...



Tee-time with Daddy


And wouldn't you know that we planned on taking beach pics the last night we were there, and by the time we came in to get showered you could not even see 10 feet in front of you due to heavy fog?! BOO! Guess that just means we will have to make a trip back soon! 
Lord, thank you for my family, the beautiful weather, the MANY laughs that were had this week, and most importantly for providing for us and allowing us to have a family vacation. Without You none of these things would be possible!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun!!!! I'm so happy that you guys were able to get away - especially to a place with such an awesome slide!! I would have been right there with you (and Knox) on that slide. I know juggling all over the needs of 2 kiddos must be tough but I'm glad you guys had enough fun to make it all worth it. Loved all of the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it!! Cousins are soooo special. We feel the same about ours! Great pictures-so glad you had such a nice getaway from home and that you had Lee all week-so fun! Love your babies, they are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about your precious family! Knox and Greer are absolutely adorable! Can you tell me where you found Knox's white UV swim shirt? I have been looking for one for my son but have had no luck. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! It looks like you guys had the greatest time! And Knox and Greer look so adorable in their beach gear!
    I too would have loved to go down that slide a few 100 times with you guys! That looked awesome.

    ReplyDelete